Business Administration Apprentice PM Law Limited
We are looking for a motivated individual to join them as a business administration apprentice. This will be a varied role and is a fantastic opportunity for enthusiastic people to start their career within a fast paced and well established company.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
03 Nov 2017
21 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Ensuring that day-to-day office tasks run smoothly:
- Answering the phone
- Taking messages
- Dealing with enquiries
- Updating client information and handling of incoming post.
- Overall general administration support.
- Incoming Post – Scanning, Referencing, Distributing and Attaching Post to correct file
- Stationery Orders
- Minute Taking for Supervisors Meeting
- Copying of Discs for Panel Firm
- Updating UL Staff List/Org Chart – ensuring that all staff are aware of new starters
- Phone Stats – Saving reports onto the system
Monitoring and maintaining the computer systems and networks within an organisation in a technical support role.
For example if there are any issues or changes required, such as forgotten passwords, viruses or email issues.
- Support Calls/Emails – dealing with IT queries from Panel Firms and TUL (tasks can include, solving technical problems either over the phone or face to face)
- Support Calls/Emails – dealing with IT queries from Panel Firms and TUL
- Updating Case Management System i.e. client change of address
- Updating self-help documents so employees can try to fix problems themselves.
- Working with employees to identify computer problems and advising on the solution i.e. issues with printing.
Requirements and prospects
- Competent in Microsoft packages
- Confident in speaking to people over the phone
- Good organisational skills
- To be able to prioritise workloads
- Good written communication
- The ability to use own initiative
- Motivated and enthusiastic
- Hard working
- Team player
- Good time keeping
- Willingness to learn new skills
- Positive attitude
Maths English C grade or above (or equivalent)
About the employer
PM Law Limited
Full on-the-job training and support will be provided to enable the successful applicant to undertake the full range of duties required of the role.
In addition, training will also be provided towards the Apprenticeship in Business Administration Level 2 through in-house delivery.
The Business Administration Level 2 consists of the following:
- Level 2 NVQ in Business Administration
- Technical certificate
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills in Literacy and Numeracy
Business and Administration
BABINGTON BUSINESS COLLEGE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Babington Business College
Julie Oxley 01332 345450 Julie.Oxley@babingtongroup.co.uk
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Oct 2017