Apprentice Food & Beverage Staff, Kelham Kelham House Country Manor Hotel
Work as part of the Food & Beverage team in all aspects of the day to day operations of the Hotel, Restaurant and Events to ensure superior service and product quality is maintained. To guarantee optimum guest relations and create a warm and welcoming atmosphere that encourages guests/customers to return.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
14 Oct 2017
20 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Ensuring the Hotel’s quality standards are met in all areas of the business as relates to the appearance, levels of maintenance and cleanliness.
- Providing first class customer service.
- Opening and closing checklists implemented and maintained across all F&B areas.
- Dealing with function and event enquiries alongside Duty Managers.
- Cash and credit card transactions through the till.
- Maintaining the completion of and signing off of weekly cleaning for still room in line with checklists supplied.
- Any reasonable request from management.
Requirements and prospects
- Smart professional appearance.
- Self-motivated & reliable.
- Confidence with meeting new people and conversing with ease.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Time management skills.
- Organisational skills.
- Attention to detail.
- GCSE Grades A to C or equivalent are essential, specifically Maths and English.
Things to consider
About the employer
Kelham House Country Manor Hotel
West Nottinghamshire College is one of the largest and most successful colleges in the country with a well-earned reputation for excellence particularly in the areas of apprenticeships. The college was named a national Beacon College in 2009. With 30,000 students nationwide and links with over 2,000 employers, we are a high-profile centre of education that is well known for producing work-ready, ambitious and highly-skilled individuals. We offer apprenticeships, advanced apprenticeships and adult apprenticeships in a range of sector specialisms.
- An apprenticeship allows you to study towards a recognised qualification whilst in an employed position and usually includes; Job-specifics training through working alongside experienced staff
- A competency based qualification to demonstrate you have the skills required to carry out the job. These are assessed by breaking down the contents of the jobs within your specific occupation into tasks called units of competences and will be measured through observations, assessments and witness testimony.
- A technical qualification that includes theoretical knowledge required in an occupation and underpins the knowledge required for the competencies.
- Functional Skills (Literacy, Numeracy and IT) Dependent on your prior attainment you may need to be assessed in a literacy, numeracy and ICT skills which are an integral part of your apprenticeship. Upon successfully completion you will be awarded additional certificates of recognition.
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Possible Enhancements
Food and Drink
VISION WEST NOTTINGHAMSHIRE COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Vision West Nottinghamshire College
Shannon Wilson 01623 413373
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017