Hairdressing Apprentice Level 2 Ian Pearce
This is a fantastic opportunity to work within a vibrant Hairdressing Salon in the South West. The opportunities of working within this salon are endless.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
22 Oct 2017
19 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
As an Apprentice your duties will include:
- Meeting clients.
- Answering the phone.
- Making bookings.
- Helping colleagues with clients, cleaning and making refreshments.
- As you progress you will become involved in styling, colouring and cutting.
You will receive a full induction in the salon with ongoing support from your Assessor.
- You will be assisting Stylists in ensuring that all clients are given the highest levels of customer service with special attention to comfort and friendliness.
- You will also generate and promote a professional working atmosphere and assist stylists in advising clients in all aspects of services available, including advising clients of all products, tools and equipment available for retail purchase.
- By assisting the Salon Manger and the Stylists, you will gain the necessary knowledge and experience to help you to progress in this exciting career.
Requirements and prospects
- A real passion for the business.
- Friendly and willing to work hard.
- Basic IT skills.
- Kind and polite.
- Good communication skills.
- Being able to work as part of a team.
- Self motivated.
- The successful apprentices will need to be familiar with current trends within the hairdressing and fashion industry.
- You will need to be highly motivated and enthusiastic about hairdressing with a friendly personality to interact efficiently with customers and colleagues.
A good level of education is desirable.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Hairdressing NVQ Diploma level 2
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Mathematics Functional Skills Level 1 and 2
- English Functional Skills Level 1 and 2
PGL TRAINING (PLUMBING) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by P G L Construction Training
Alberto Pitocco firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Oct 2017