Apprentice Hairdresser Barry Graham
We are looking for exceptional apprentice hairdressers, who have a passion for wanting to become a hairdresser. The Intermediate Hairdressing Apprenticeship training programme will last 12 months.
Closing date: 06 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
07 Sep 2017
19 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
We are looking for exceptional apprentice hairdressers.
You will train one day a week at our state of the art Training Academy & Salon where you will experience the highest quality technical training in a brand new salon environment.
The job role within the hairdressing salons will be as a trainee hairdresser and you will be expected to:
- Meet and greet customers
- shampoo and conditioner customers’ hair
- maintain a clean salon
- provide refreshments to the customers
- reception duties
- Prepare customers for the stylists to cut, tint hair etc.
- As you develop skills you may be given the opportunity to style hair and apply tint and colour
- Your training will require you to demonstrate your competence in shampooing and conditioning, cutting hair, tinting hair, styling hair, setting and dressing hair and reception duties.
- Your skills and competence will be assessed on paying customers, either in our training salon or in your workplace.
LHAA will provide a personal apprenticeship mentor to support you through the programme both at the Academy and at your place of work.
For further information and to arrange an interview visit www.lhaa.co.uk or contact us by completing an application form online www.lhaa.co.uk or contact LHAA on 0208 953 9344
Requirements and prospects
Hairdressing is a fast moving, fashion orientated business, so you will need to be creative, enjoy meeting people and have loads of energy.
You would also need to:
- Be well presented in all aspects including: clothing, hair and personal hygiene.
- Be practical and well organised
- Be a good communicator with excellent social skills.
- Have attention to detail and cleanliness.
- Have a good sense of humour and amicable nature skills whether dealing face to face with clients or speaking on the telephone.
- Be willing to work flexible hours/days as agreed in the employment contract.
- Have a high degree of dexterity and coordination.
You won't need qualifications to apply but you will need the motivation and commitment to want to become a fully qualified hairdresser.
Things to consider
About the employer
Apprenticeships combine on-the-job and off-the-job training.
This means you'll spend time in a hairdressing salon working and learning the hairdressing skills to develop your competence in hairdressing.
You will attend one day a week at our state of the art London Hairdressing Academy training centre and salon in Camden, learning the underpinning knowledge and practical skills associated with hairdressing as well as important skills such as customer service, teamwork and retail skills including Maths and English.
You will gain skills, insight and experience with real clients, real work, real hairdressers and real products.
Apprenticeships are not qualifications in their own right. Instead they are a framework made up of many elements.
An intermediate NVQ Level 2 Diploma in Hairdressing which is a work based qualification that is designed to ensure the apprentice is job ready.
This will include the following:
- How to engage with customers
- Shampoo and conditioning
- Reception Duties
- Cutting techniques
- Appointment making
- Styling techniques
- Preparation of clients
- Colouring techniques
- Product promotion services
- Key skills qualifications such as communication and maths
- Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by The London Hairdressing Apprenticeship Academy Limited
Jessica 02089539344 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 06 Sep 2017