Apprentice Nursery Nurse Bubbly Bear Day Care
An excellent apprenticeship opportunity has become available for an enthusiastic, energetic and motivated person who is looking to further develop their career working with children.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
28 Aug 2017
18 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Main Duties Will Include:
- To play and provide encouragement for each child supporting their development of skills and interests, building a foundation for successful learning.
- To support children to gain a clear understanding of right and wrong and to encourage such qualities as honesty, responsibility and respect for each other.
- To work in close partnership with parents/carers, acknowledging their role as the child's first educators to enable us to provide each child with the best possible care, play and learning opportunities.
- Allow children to progress and develop at their own individual pace and level.
- Through planning we incorporate the children's interests as the focus of their learning and care.
- To work within the guidelines and requirement of the Early Years Foundation Stage and strive to see happy confident children who are prepared for the next step to Primary School.
- To promote self-discover, exploration and curiosity towards learning.
- To maintain the standards and guidance set by Ofsted.
- Regularly reflect and develop our practices.
- Ensure confidentiality is kept at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- You must be confident that they can build strong positive relationships with both; children and their families and can offer a stimulating environment.
- You must have a range of skills applicable to working with children including creativity and the ability to communicate effectively with children, families and colleagues.
- Desire to work with children.
- GCSEs or equivalent grades A-C in Maths & English or equivalent are desirable.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Training will be provided in order to achieve the Level 2 Diploma in Early Years Workforce (Early Years Educator).
- Functional Skills if required.
- All training will be completed in the workplace.
Children and Young People's Workforce
SALFORD CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Salford City College
Jon Hobson 0161 631 5555 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017