Support worker Apprenticeship Coton House
Excellent opportunity working for an established Care Home with good reports and excellent awards from infection control and environmental health department. You will work as part of a team, training provided leading to a professional qualification.
Closing date: 26 Oct 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
03 Nov 2017
18 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice to work for Coton House within a care home for the elderly specialising in Dementia. Based in Penn Wolverhampton.
The Apprentice will play an important team role in the day-to-day planning, organisation and smooth running of the shift, to ensure all daily task and objectives are met.
You will gain experience in a working environment, and learn how to communicate with nurses, Doctors and other visiting professional bodies.
Duties to include:
- Assisting the residents in all daily task
- Activity duties
- Personal care duties.
- Taking telephone calls
- Filling out relevant documentation.
- Offering assistance to clients
- Clinical and general cleaning within the practice.
Requirements and prospects
- Candidates need to have good communication skills and a good telephone manner.
- They must also have confidence and professionalism when dealing with clients customers.
- Flexibility and punctuality are essential for this post.
- Experience would be an advantage but is not essential.
- Candidates must have attitude to work, with a presentable appearance.
- The candidate must also be outgoing with an ambition to do well in health and social care sector.
GCSE A*-D in Maths and English or equivalent qualifications
Things to consider
About the employer
Health and Social Care Apprenticeship will include:
- NVQ (level 2)
- Technical Certificate
- Functional Skills
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Health and Social Care
Performance Through People
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Performance Through People
Due to early start times 7.30am and latest shift 9.30pm please ensure you can travel on a daily basis.
With effect from October 1st 2015 the National Minimum Wage (NMW) for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old Apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their Apprenticeship. For all other Apprentices the National Minimum Wage appropriate to their age applies. The wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 26 Oct 2017