This is a telephone based role for a customer service apprenticeship. In short you will be guiding customers who have indicated they are interested in buying a new or used car through the process and identifying suitable dealers to enable the transaction to happen.
Customer Service Apprentice
CAR SELLER INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
Closing date: 04 May 2017
5 days a week. Times: 8.30am – 16.30pm (potentially on occasion the role may include one late finish at 7pm, but will be compensated by a late start the same week)
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
05 May 2017
19 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
This is a micro company with 7 staff members. You will be part of the new set up in Wellington, Telford. The company is moving from its original base in Hertfordshire. The role is essentially calling people who have asked for a call via the website
Key responsibilities are:
- The pivotal link between the customer (car buyer) and the dealer. Please note this is not a car selling web site.
- Calling people who have expressed an interest in buying a car and supporting them to make their decision and putting them in contact with the car dealer. Approximately 60-70% of the role will be telephone based making and receiving calls.
- Producing reports from data.
- Working on various campaigns
There will be scripts or structure available to support the apprentice, should the apprentice feel they need to use them.
Requirements and prospects
The successful candidate will need:
- Possibly an interest in cars but definitely not essential
- To have good IT skills – especially in Excel and Word
- Excellent telephone manner
- To have good time keeping skills
- To have excellent communication skills
- To have good attention to detail
- To have good numeracy and literacy skills
- To be able to multi task
- To be able to prioritise their workload
- Keen to succeed and be part of this growing company
- Results orientated
To apply for this position, you will need:
GCSE Maths and English Grade A - C or equivalent qualifications
Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship it is expected the role will become permanent.
Things to consider
Telford College are managing this vacancy on behalf of this company. As part of the screening process of applications you may be contacted by Telford College and invited in for a face to face interview as part of our screening process. Training on the Apprenticeships Programme for 16 to 18 year olds is a priority and fully-funded by Government. Training for Apprenticeships for those over this age is part funded, with employers expected to make a part or full contribution. The current National Minimum Wage (NMW) for apprentices from the 1st April 2017 the apprenticeship minimum wage a minimum of £3.50 per hour. This applies to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged over 19 in the first year of their Apprenticeship. The new NMW applies to time working plus time spent training as this is also part of the Apprenticeship. Anyone not covered by this age category above will be entitled to the NMW appropriate for their age. Travelling to work: Bus routes: http://www.arrivabus.co.uk/timetables-search/?pg=1&pgsize=10®ion=22534&q=telford&lat=52.678419&lng=-2.445257999999967 Car Share Shropshire and Telford: http://carshareshropshireandtelford.co.uk/x.jsp?ano=0 Wheels to Work: http://www.shropshire-rcc.org.uk/services/individuals/wheels-to-work
About the employer
The company is a website that offers car buyers the chance to find their next car at a price that suits them. The car buyer is put in touch with the dealer and a saving is made by the car buyer for going through this route. It is similar to Autotrader however there is not the opportunity to sell a car
As part of the apprenticeship the candidate will be working towards a workplace training plan within their organisation as well as working towards the apprenticeship framework components with Telford College. The candidate will achieve the following qualifications:
- Level 2 Diploma in Customer Service
- Functional Skills in Maths & English at level 1
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
TELFORD COLLEGE OF ARTS & TECHNOLOGY
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Telford College of Arts & Technology
Karen Pearce 01952 642 452 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 04 May 2017