Business Administration Apprenticeship Admiral Removals & Self Storage Ltd
Based at our Walsall storage facility you will be the face first impression of the company so good people skills are vital. You will possess plenty of initiative and be flexible with excellent organisational skills and attention to detail, taking action where and when necessary.
Closing date: 26 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2017
13 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an Apprentice to work for Admiral self-storage, based in Walsall. Working within a busy office environment, training will cover all aspects of administration in line with the company’s standard operating procedures.
The Apprentice will play an important team role in the day-to-day planning, organisation and smooth running of the department, to ensure all financial and business objectives are met.
Duties to include:
- Providing outstanding customer service at all times
- Advising and assisting potential and existing customers about storage and related services (face to face, over the phone and via email)
- Completing manual paperwork and entering data onto a computer
- Using the storage industry ‘Spacemanager’ software to produce licence agreements
- Using our bespoke software to manage reservations and enquiries.
- Entering data onto the Spacemanager system
- Using a web-based program to send text messages to customers
- Processing cash and card payments and refunds
- Maintaining and producing spreadsheets using Microsoft Excel
- Merchandising, inventories and stock control
- Using the internet to source goods and services
- General office administration as required
- Preparing and managing online auction sales
- Receiving deliveries at the reception counter (may involve occasional lifting of up to 10kg)
- Helping with the movement and cataloguing of boxes and furniture within the storage facility.
Requirements and prospects
You will be a customer focused individual who is comfortable dealing with people at all levels. You will have excellent numeracy and IT skills, be able to work calmly and efficiently under pressure and cope with multiple tasks and changing priorities.
You will be reliable and punctual with a strong customer service focus and be hard-working and diligent. You must be confident, polite, and friendly, with a clear and pleasant telephone voice.
- Clear and confident telephone manner
- Self-assured when speaking to customers and visitors in a face to face environment.
- Good communicator, verbal and written
- Effective problem solver
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Customer focused
- Takes the initiative to get things done
- Team player
- Enthusiastic and a positive attitude to providing solutions to the challenges customers face
- Calm under pressure
- A*-C in Maths and English or equivalent qualifications
About the employer
NVQ Level 2 in Business Administration, Functional Skills.
Business and Administration
Performance Through People
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Performance Through People
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 26 Aug 2017