General Maintenance Apprenticeship Graves & Sons
Graves and Sons in Sidmouth have a vacancy for a General Maintenance Apprentice. The role allows the learner to gain knowledge across various trades, to experience a little of everything. You will be fully supported throughout your Apprenticeship by the employer and PGL Training as the learning provider.
Closing date: 10 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
17 Sep 2017
13 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Duties and responsibilities will vary from job to job. Tasks are likely to include:
- Undertake instructed tasks on site from senior staff members to help produce a high end finish.
- Keep yards, work spaces and vehicles clean, tidy, organised and free from rubbish.
- Make sure all buildings, vehicles and trailers are locked when not in use.
- To understand and work to agreed Company procedures including Health and Safety.
- Replace broken windows and door locks.
- Repairing and preparing services.
- Making sure that the workplace is clean and tidy.
- Building solid walling isolated and attached piers.
- Basic Painting and Decorating duties.
On site tasks may include:
- Clearing up.
Requirements and prospects
- Good team work skills.
- The ability to work quickly and well.
- A willingness to work on a flexible basis.
- Great Customer Service Skills.
- A wiliness to want to learn.
- An understanding of health and safety regulations
- Being able to work as part of a team.
- Good team player.
- Keen to learn.
No formal qualifications required however the desire to gain industry skills essential.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Building Maintenance
- Multi-trade Repair and Refurbishment Operations
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills
- Functional Skills English Level 1 or 2 ( If required)
- Functional Skills Maths Level 1 or 2 ( If required)
PGL TRAINING (PLUMBING) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by P G L Construction Training
Alberto Pitocco firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 10 Sep 2017