Bricklaying Apprenticeship Level 2 SML Brickwork
The work will involve building the substructure of buildings (ground works), block work and brickwork walls. You will set out and lay bricks using mortar, shaping and trimming as required. The employer works mainly on build projects in the South West.
Closing date: 20 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
11 Sep 2017
12 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- The successful candidate will be working towards a Level 2 qualification in Trowel Occupations, with the opportunity to progress onto the a Level 3 apprenticeship to become fully qualified at the end of the apprenticeship programme.
- You will be fully supported throughout your apprenticeship by a qualified member of staff who will teach you knew skills.
The ideal candidate will be given a variety of duties that they will carry out throughout your apprenticeship.
- You will be observing work carried out by your experienced colleagues, and will then put into practice all that you have learnt, achieving a high level of workmanship on all the projects that you carry out.
- You will be shown how to align bricks and blocks using plumb lines and levelling tools, working to design plans.
- You will also be shown how to use mechanical cutting equipment to shape bricks and blocks to fit the correct angles.
- Laying blocks/block work.
- You will learn how to read building plans.
- Understanding how building sites work.
- Understand principles of building.
You will be supervised by a fully qualified member of staff, and you must follow all Health and Safety processes and procedures in the work place at all times, as well as ensuring that all tools are clean and put away correctly.
You will need to wear the appropriate personal protection equipment at all times when working on site.
You will also be shown how to use mechanical cutting equipment to shape bricks and blocks to fit the correct angles.
Requirements and prospects
- Positive attitude
- Keen with an eagerness to learn
- Prepared to listen and follow instructions
- A good work ethic is essential
- Hard working.
- Being able to work as part of a team.
- Self motivated.
- Keen to learn.
No formal qualifications needed but must be willing to learn.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Level 2 Diploma in Trowel Occupation.
- Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills English ( Depending on previous Qualifications.)
- Level 1 or 2 Functional Skills Mathematics ( Depending on previous Qualifications.)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities.
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills.
PGL TRAINING (PLUMBING) LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by P G L Construction Training
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 20 Aug 2017