Childcare Apprentice (Exeter) Puffins Of Exeter
Puffins are looking for Apprentices to assist in their childcare centres. Successful candidates will be motivated and enthusiastic learners.
Closing date: 29 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
30 Aug 2017
13 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Puffins of Exeter are looking to recruit Apprentices to work four days per week. Three of these days will be spent in one of our childcare centres and the remaining day will be spent at our training centre.
Apprentices will assist with the care and education of the children and help maintain a suitable environment.
The Apprentice role will consist of:
- Supporting the room leader in ensuring the required standards, ratios and conditions of registration are maintained at all times.
- Supporting staff in providing activities and care which are developmentally appropriate and in which children from a range of social, economic and cultural backgrounds are able to develop and grow, in particular those with special educational needs and English as an additional language.
- Being aware of child protection issues and following safeguarding children procedures.
- Assisting children with personal care, including help with toileting, feeding and food service and other similar duties.
- Ensuring the environment is welcoming, comfortable, well-organised and uncluttered.
- Working as part of a team ensuring on-going cleanliness of the setting.
- Welcoming visitors to the setting to ensure sharing best practice.
- Apprentices will be embarking on a child care qualification which is skill and theory based as well as functional skills, first aid, food safety and other qualifications.
Requirements and prospects
- Successful candidates will have an interest in child development.
- Candidates should also have a passion for learning and development.
- Successful candidates will be self motivated and able to use their initiative.
- No formal qualifications required.
- Maths and English GCSE (or equivalent) would be an advantage.
Things to consider
About the employer
All training will be provided through the Apprenticeship programme.
We offer a full training programme over the 366 day period of the Apprenticeship. During induction, the learner would have a full introduction to the values and principles of the early years sector. During this time also, the learner would achieve an Employment Rights and Responsibilities qualification.
In the first six months of the programme, learners would receive training in the following areas:
- Manual Handling
- Health & Safety
- Healthy Living
- Keeping Yourself Safe
- Paediatric First Aid
- CWDC Induction to the Early Years
- Functional Skills in English, maths and ICT - if required
Children and Young People's Workforce
PUFFINS TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Puffins Training Limited
Naomi Rosser firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Aug 2017