Apprentice 1st Line Hardware/ Software Support Point Four Group Ltd
Product support is a highly valued department within any IT provider. Strong customer service skills and technical knowledge is paramount to ensure business levels are maintained and that systems operate with minimal chance of system crash and slow response.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
11 Sep 2017
11 Apr 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- As an apprentice 1ST Line support technician, you will develop skills and knowledge to enable you to support a range of customers with IT queries and faults.
- You will gain full knowledge of the hardware and software used within retail environments to enable you to resolve issues quickly and effectively.
- This role is ideal for candidates that have a passion for solving technical issues and are able to relate to people quickly.
- Ideally to you will have gained awareness/ knowledge of IT in general and be seeking an opportunity to develop skills and knowledge further.
- This is working in a support centre environment and so strong telephone communication skills are a must.
- An ability to resolve issues through logical thinking is also a desired trait.
The employer has an excellent record of training and developing apprentices and are able to offer permanent prospects for dedicated candidates.
Requirements and prospects
- Strong IT awareness.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Ideally a minimum 4 GCSE’s C and above including Maths, English and ICT (or equivalents).
Things to consider
About the employer
Point Four Group Ltd
- Throughout the duration of your Apprenticeship, you will be required to attend the 3aaa Technology Academy in Nottingham for up to 12 weeks on a block release basis for structured training.
- The remainder of your training will be completed in the workplace with your employer.
- You will work towards a Level 3 Advanced Apprenticeship for IT, Software, Web and Telecoms Professionals.
The qualifications consist of:
- Edexcel Advanced Apprenticeship in IT, Software, Web and Telecoms
- L3 Diploma in ICT Professional Competence
- L3 Extended Diploma in ICT Systems and Principles
- Level 2 Functional Skills English, Maths, ICT (if applicable)
IT, Software, Web & Telecoms Professionals
ASPIRE ACHIEVE ADVANCE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Aspire Achieve Advance Ltd.
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 31 Aug 2017