Professional Cookery Apprenticeship Albrighton Hall Hotel
A fantastic opportunity for an Apprentice to work in the kitchen team of the Mercure Shrewsbury Albrighton Hall Hotel.
Closing date: 14 Oct 2017
£121.50 - £211.50
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
28 Oct 2017
11 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
An Apprenticeship opportunity has arisen in Professional Cookery. The role will involve the following duties:
- Preparing hot and/or cold dishes in line with the supervisors instructions
- Helping deliver the dishes
- Respecting the food health and safety standards and procedures
- Participating in managing raw materials effectively
- Creating and presenting the dishes in line with the cooking instructions and the supervisors instructions
- Helping to receive deliveries and tidying food items according to storage instructions
- Helping to keep the equipment used in good condition
- Cleaning and tidying the work place following the supervisors instructions
- Avoiding wasting food items
- Helping with inventories
- Helping to manage stocks of equipment by avoiding breakages
- Ensuring that the workplace remains clean and tidy, and the safety of consumable goods by always respecting HACCP regulations
- Respecting the instructions and safety guidelines for the equipment used
- Applying the hotels security regulations (in case of fire etc.)
- Respecting the hotels commitments to the ‘Environment Charter’ (saving energy, recycling, sorting waste etc)
- Working in a friendly team
- Meal on duty
- Free use of the Leisure Club after successful probation period
- 28 days holidays (including public holidays)
- A company discount card with a range of other benefits
- Bonus voucher every 6 months for free stays away upon availability
- Excellent career Developments
Requirements and prospects
- Someone who can take instruction
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work to timing deadlines
- Excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work within a team, but has the initiative to work unsupervised
Level headed and ability to work under pressure
The role will appeal to someone who is particular about their work and has an eye for detail. The Apprentice will be smart, well presented, and have high levels of personal hygiene. The Apprentice must also be highly trustworthy, reliable and enthusiastic about their work in order to make sure each room is cleaned and maintained to a high standard.
Good understanding of numeracy and literacy.
GCSE qualifications at grade C or above in English and maths or the ability to work towards Level 1 Functional Skills.
Things to consider
About the employer
Level 2 Professional Cookery Apprenticeship to include:
- Level 2 NVQ Diploma in Food and Beverage Service (QCF)
- Level 2 Certificate in Hospitality and Catering Principles
(Professional Cookery) - QCF
Functional Skills in maths and English Level 2 (if applicable).A full induction will be given including Manual Handling training.
Catering and Professional Chefs
NEW COLLEGE TELFORD
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by New College
Jenny Crowson 07769 224265 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 14 Oct 2017