Customer Service Apprenticeship - Level 2 Andrea Rose Bradley
Customer Service – working for a small family run business
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 20.00
Possible start date
10 Oct 2017
10 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Hospitality/customer service , duties to include:
- Customer and guest relations
- Check in /out
- Processing bookings by phone emails etc
- Updating systems and diaries
- Guest information
- General housekeeping duties maintaining clean and tidy work space
- Maintaining high standards of hospitality for all guest accommodation
- Stock checks ,
- Replacing essential items
- Updating social media
This is an extremely varied role working for a small family run business offering holiday cottage accommodation/business suites /pop up events / team meeting/building opportunities bespoke events alongside a small certified camping and caravan site .
Apprentices must show commitment to the following:
- To achieve apprentice framework (Key Skills, NVQ and Technical Certificate) within the specified time frame
- Attend the apprenticeship induction programme
- Attend all of the training sessions for the programme whenever necessary
- Undertake any other required development work as part of the apprenticeship programme as requested
- Any other duties as deemed appropriate by senior staff.
Apprenticeship start throughout the year and are open to any age of candidate.
It is important that qualifications are listed on your application no matter what the grade, as your application is sifted and sent to the employer based on meeting the Employers Vacancy Criteria.
Please log into NAS (National Apprenticeship Service) on a regular basis and look at the “Read Feedback” section against each individual application
Requirements and prospects
- Organisational skills
- Ability to manage and prioritise tasks
- Effectively use interpersonal and communication skills
- Good IT skills
- Excellent organisational skills
- Be reliable and supportive to other departments within the company
- Good communication skills
- Maintain an work schedule
- Use creativity and independent thought to resolve issues
- Friendly, approachable manner.
- Good communicator.
- Good telephone skills
- Able to organise own work load
- Attention to detail
- Punctual & presentable
- Friendly & outgoing
- Willingness to acquire and develop new skills/qualifications if/ when necessary
- Willingness to listen and learn
- Confident telephone manner
- Multi tasker, polite, able to follow instructions but also show initiative
- Excellent time keeping
- Able to work on own initiative
- Two GCSEs at grade A*-C (or equivalent)
- Knowledge of Microsoft programmes, Excel, Word and Outlook
Things to consider
About the employer
Andrea Rose Bradley
Delivery to be completed onsite and day release at Barnsley College, Student to complete an intermediate technical certificate in customer service.
Functional Skills in Maths and English if required.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Barnsley College
Rachelle Schofield 01226 216 166 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017