Digital Press and Studio Apprenticeship Printwize
The role will be primarily based within the Studio and Digital Print room but all aspects of the print industry will be constantly shown and experienced by the candidate to aid in their training.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
11 Sep 2017
07 Apr 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Checking stock levels within the department
- Taking briefs from managers and customers to produce correct finish work supporting the team with all aspects of the business related to the role
- Helping with artwork
Requirements and prospects
- Computer literate
- Some publishing programme knowledge for example Quark, Illustrator, In-design
- Flair for design would be useful but not mandatory.
- Able to communicate with staff and customers either via the telephone or face to face
- Successful completion of a relevant level 2 or level 3 qualification, or 5 GCSEs grades A*-C (or equivalent),including English and a creative subject such as Art and Design
Things to consider
About the employer
- This course is for those who are interested in turning their creative and digital talents into a career in the creative media industries.
- The aim of this Apprenticeship is to develop digitally savvy and work-ready employees who are multi-skilled and can work cross-platform.
- The Apprenticeship covers roles across the creative and digital media industries, including digital graphics, graphic design, photo imaging, film and TV production, web design and digital marketing.
- Course content is tailored to the nature of the business that the apprentice is employed in.
Subjects covered in Diploma Level 3 may include:
- Graphic Design
- Web Design
- Film, TV & Radio Production
- Animation & Computer Games Design
- Graphics for Interactive Media
- Drawing Concept Art for Computer Games
- Digital Marketing and Sales Channels
- Converging Digital Technology
- Awareness of the Creative Media Industry
- Generating Ideas for Productions
- Capturing Image and Sound
- Editing and Image Output
- Copyright, Legal and Ethical Requirements
- Music Video Production
As part of the Apprenticeship framework, you will also study:
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills Level 2/GCSEs in English and Maths, plus ICT
- You will be required to attend college one day a week and timed webinar training
- Cn completion you will recive either Edexcel Level 3 Certificate/Diploma in Creative and Digital Media (QCF)
Creative and Digital Media
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Colchester Institute
CI Business Solutions 01206 712043 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017