Warehouse & Storage Apprenticeship G S F
A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join a well established market leading car part supplier on a warehouse and storage apprenticeship
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017
£149.85 - £260.85
The current National Minimum Wage rates are £4.05 an hour for 16 - 17 year olds, £5.60 an hour for 18 - 20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship(usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
29 Aug 2017
06 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To be the point of contact for receiving goods from external suppliers, bulk delivery stock and inter branch transferred stock
- Check all stock delivered against delivery notes
- Report to delivery driver any stock shortages or incorrect delivered stock
- Report to Branch Manager any unresolved stock queries
- Ensure all delivery paperwork is accurately filed
- Ensure delivered stock is safely stored before warehousing
- Ensure compliance to safe manual handling techniques when handling stock and seek assistance where loads are considered too heavy to handle
- Ensure all delivered stock is accurately entered on to the Company’s computer system
- Ensure personal protective equipment is used when the need arises. i.e. when handling exhaust systems & batteries
- Ensure safe handling of all corrosive or flammable substances
- Ensure all goods received are correctly warehoused in their correct bin location according to the product code
- Stock must be recorded on to the computer system detailing the quantity and the bin location of stored stock
- For Health & Safety reasons, stock must not be left stored in aisles
- The warehouse area must be kept in a clean and orderly condition
- New stock lines will need locations allocated to them in order to know where they are kept (see line manager for assistance)
- Check all orders being picked are accurately check against the picking documentation
- Ensure all orders picked are placed into their correct delivery collection point
- Ensure all orders are completed
Requirements and prospects
- Must possess excellent reading and numeracy skills
- Require accuracy and attention to detail
- Be able to work under own initiative
- Have computer literacy
- Be keen and enthusiastic
- Proactive, self-starter
- Must be physically able to carry out manual handling duties
(Some employers may ask for certain qualifications to be held. However most companies don’t require anything)
Ideally English and Mathematics GCSE at grade A-C or Level 2 equivalent however all shortlisted applicants will be invited to the training centre to participate in a recruitment event where Literacy and Numeracy will be assessed.
Things to consider
About the employer
At the end of your training you will have completed a level 2 Apprenticeship in Warehousing and storage. You will achieve this by attending a combination of classroom taught modules and on the job training.
You will complete a BTEC in Warehousing and storage to gain the knowledge to perform effectively in your job role. Within the workplace you will demonstrate your competence through the performance of tasks.
Learners are required to take mandatory units which cover aspects of working and communicating in a Warehouse environment. Learners then have the choice of option units covering different functional areas such as pick goods in logistics operations, process orders for customers, keeping work areas clean. There is a wide range of option units allowing learners to choose units to meet the needs in their own work role.
Warehousing and Storage
THE NVQ TRAINING CENTRE LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by N V Q Training Centre
Taj Reid 07496155705
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 25 Aug 2017