Nursery Apprenticeship Highfield Day Nursery
A apprentice required to support the running of the nursery and provide assist with the welfare and development of the children attending and help colleagues.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
11 Apr 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
Candidate should have obtained or be working towards suitable qualifications for position applied for or have relevant work experience needed.
Candidates will be:
- Responsible and safety conscious at all times
- Keen to acquire knowledge and understanding of babies, toddlers and pre-school children and are able to meet children’s individual needs and promote their welfare
- Able willing to learn how to manage a wide range of children’s behaviour in a way, which promotes their welfare and development
- Flexible, considerate and work as part of a team
- Act in a professional and welcoming manner with children and parents at all times
- Willing to acquire knowledge and understanding of equal opportunities and how they can be implemented within the nursery setting
- Helpful and assist their colleagues
Most importantly they must show good progress throughout their learning.
All positions are granted subject to successful probation period, satisfactory references and relevant checks.
Requirements and prospects
We are looking for enthusiastic team players to join us in both our baby room and our toddler room.
We can provide training so a willingness to learn is all you really need at this stage.
However any skills or knowledge you bring with you is very much welcome.
Childcare professionals need at all times to be:
- Level headed
- Safety conscious
If this sounds like you please apply!
5 GCSE's grade A*-C including English and Mathematics or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
Highfield Day Nursery
Advanced Level 3-Diploma for the Children & Young Early Learning and Childcare.
In addition all Apprenticeships include:
- Induction and Employee Rights and Responsibilities
- Functional Skills (as required)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills are mapped and embedded (Creative Thinking, Independent Enquiry, Reflective Learning, Team Working, Key Management, Effective Participation)
- Guided Learning on and off the job through training, set tasks or independent study
- Coaching and mentoring in the workplace
- Achievement Records of all Training and Development activity
Children and Young People's Workforce
HERTFORD REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Hertford Regional College
Sharon Ryan 01992 411375 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Sep 2017