Supported Living Worker Apprentice HF TRUST LIMITED
You will enable the people we support to lead fulfilling lives based upon their personal support needs. You need to work to the standards set internally and externally, doing all you can to make sure that the people we support, and your colleagues, come to no harm and that the people we support are satisfied with the level of support they receive.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
28 Sep 2017
06 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Your duties will include, but may not be limited to:
- Supporting people with learning disabilities to the highest standard and in line with their support plan, cultural needs and wishes.
- Supporting people to manage their own home, including supporting individuals with maintaining their tenancies and give support and guidance when individuals move home.
- Supporting people with personal care if required, which may include toileting and bathing,in line with their support plan.
- Supporting and encourage people to make choices and life decisions in line with the Mental Capacity Act requirements.
- Assisting and encouraging people to engage in everyday home, social, leisure and work activities, according to the individual’s choice.
- Supporting people with their health needs as required, e.g. taking medication and attending doctor’s appointments.
- Keeping accurate and up to date records.
- Supporting people with their finances, where necessary, and in line with Hft guidelines.
- Promoting the health, safety and well-being of the people we support.
- Working positively with colleagues, families and external organisations and professionals.
- Looking for opportunities to use Personalised Technology to increase people’s independence.
- Maintaining confidentiality at all times.
- Improving the support provided by discussing any new ideas.
- Participating in learning and development opportunities as required.
Requirements and prospects
- Tackle issues with a positive frame of mind.
- Communicate effectively using a range of methods.
- Use their initiative.
- Able to support with mobility and moving and handling.
- Are good listeners.
- Articulate, clear speaking.
- Kind and thoughtful.
- Respectful and tolerant.
- Polite and well-mannered.
- Positive attitude.
- Confident people person.
- Prior qualifications are not neccessary in this role but may be an advantage.
- Most important is a real desire to enter the social care world of work.
Things to consider
About the employer
- Diploma in Health and Social Care Level 2
- Functional Skills Maths and English Level 1 (where neccessary)
- Employment Rights and Responsibilities
Health and Social Care
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Learning Unlimited
Tim Hancorn 01159338314 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 27 Aug 2017