Sports Coaching Apprenticeship Heygarth Primary School
The ideal candidate will have a passion for coaching and have a general understanding of a variety of different sports, they will need determination, patience, and a supportive approach towards those you coach.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
05 Sep 2017
31 Mar 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
We’re looking for a Sports Coaching Apprentice to become part of the team in our friendly, successful primary school. We want someone who:
- Will be a great sporting role-model for our children
- Can organise and run safe and enjoyable activities at playtimes and lunchtimes
- Will be able to support our teachers while they deliver PE lessons
- Can organise and run sport and fitness sessions after school for children of all ages
You will be expected to organise and lead playground activities for infant and junior aged children during break and lunchtimes, making sure that pupils are safe, happy and enjoying developing new skills.
You will also be expected to support our teachers while they deliver PE lessons – using your skills to help the pupils to improve. We would also like someone who would be confident delivering fun sessions after school (e.g. aerobics/dance/sports skills) to small groups of children.
Requirements and prospects
- Strong sporting background.
- Experience of coaching/working with children.
- Good organisational skills.
- Strong communication skills.
- Desire to work with and inspire young people.
- Hard working.
- Professional attitude.
- Mature approach – able to recognise roles and boundaries within a school setting.
- Minimum A*-C GCSE (or equivalent) in English and Maths.
- Level 2 qualification in sport/PE/activity leadership or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
Heygarth Primary School
- Level 3 Certificate in Supporting Physical Education and School Sport.
- Level 3 Award in Employment Awareness in Active Leisure and Learning.
- Opportunities to gain National Governing Body Coaching Awards.
- Functional Skills in Maths and English Level 2.
- Plus opportunities to attend additional qualifications (such as first aid).
Supporting Teaching and Learning in Physical Education
WIRRAL METROPOLITAN COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by J.M. EDUCATION LIMITED
Ella Hudson 0151 609 1193 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017