Apprentice Child-minding Assistant Rebecca Bourne
Little Orchards Childcare are looking for an apprentice to help with all childminding related duties based mainly in the playroom and outdoor area.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
01 Sep 2017
31 Mar 2017
Advanced Level Apprenticeship
- Help preparing the premises for the arrival of children e.g. health and safety checks, general cleaning
- To be friendly, approachable and professional to parents/carers who visit and who drop/collect their children
- Help planning and setting out of equipment to meet children’s current interests
- To play alongside the children, to observe their play and development and to make brief notes on each child to record any significant observations
- To assist with planing, observations and next steps
- To help tidying up during and after play activities where necessary and to keep all children safe
- To help with snack and mealtime preparation, serving and clearing away
- To assist with helping the children's personal needs ie helping them use the toilet, hand washing and nappy changing
- Meeting the day to day needs of all children being cared for
- To assist with walking children to and from school
- To assist and accompany the children on outings
- The cleaning and maintenance of all toys and equipment as and when necessary
- To be aware of and to follow published policies at all times
Requirements and prospects
- Able to multitask
- Team player
- Hard working
GCSE Mathematics and English Grade C or above or equivalent.
About the employer
Training will be provided by Training Associates, providing the successful apprentice with an NVQ level 2 in children and young person's workforce.
Children and Young People's Workforce
Training Associates (Surrey)
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Training Associates
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Aug 2017