Hair Professional Apprenticeship The Salon
An excellent opportunity to learn all aspects of hairdressing and possible advancement to higher levels which can open up a variety of roles within the industry. A pro-active attitude towards learning and achieving targets is essential. No experience necessary but plenty of enthusiasm, passion, dedication and the desire to fulfil your dreams.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
30 Mar 2017
Unknown Level Apprenticeship
An excellent opportunity for an apprentice to learn all aspects of the exciting and fashionable industry that is hairdressing. The successful candidate will be required to perform various duties to include:
- Meeting and greeting clients
- Booking appointments
- Aiding stylists
- Other general salon duties.
As your apprenticeship progresses and your skills develop your duties will increase to include:
- Colouring and styling
- Targets for assessments need to be achieved
Attendance at the Hair Academy South West one day a week. Along with routine hairdressing duties you will also build on the fundamental issues of health and safety, good customer service and equal opportunities. Attendance to the HASW is part of your apprenticeship requirements agreed in advance with your employer and is an important part of gaining your qualification.
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication and customer relations with clients and your work colleagues, in salon and at the HASW. These are essential skills as there will be daily contact with all age groups, along with different social and ethnic backgrounds
- It is important that you have the ability to take instruction, as well as working as part of a team
- You need to be able to assist others and always portray a positive, friendly attitude to clients
- Punctuality is also a requirement in both salon and at the HASW.
- A genuine interest in hairdressing
- Excellent communication skills
- High standards of hygiene and appearance
- Good professional work ethic
- Ability to be a team player
- Capability to work on your own initiative
- Pride and responsibility whilst maintaining the correct level of respect for the importance and value of your work position.
- GCSE's at Grade E or above (or equivalent) preferred but not essential. If Math & English grades are below a Grade C you will work towards achieving a Functional Skills Level 2 - this is included within your apprenticeship programme.
- This forms part of the new Standard and if not achieved the full qualification will not be certificated and progression through the Gateway to End Point Assessment will be not viable.
Things to consider
About the employer
Training will include:
- City & Guilds Hair Professional qualification
- Functional Skills in Maths & English, if required, in line with the new hairdressing standard requirements.
Additional learning will include subject areas such as Values & Behaviours, Internet Safety, Prevent, British Values and Safeguarding. HASW will also work alongside the Employer on improving and growing the apprentice’s confidence, communication and other inter personal and transferable skills.
Hair and Beauty > Hair Professional
HAIR ACADEMY SOUTH WEST LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Hair Academy South West
01823 350444 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 28 Sep 2017