Apprentice Document Specialist BLAKE MORGAN LLP
We seek an apprentice with a keen interest in technology and an eye for detail to join the Applied Technology Centre at our Southampton office. The ATC sits within the IT department and provides support to legal teams using the Microsoft Office suite to create and style documents.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2017
Total hours per week: 35.00
Possible start date
10 Oct 2017
04 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The ATC sits within the IT Department and acts as a secretarial support team to the wider firm. We receive documents that require putting into the Blake Morgan house style, documents to be converted from PDF, handwritten documents to be typed up, PowerPoint presentations to brand, data entry…all of which need to be produced to a high standard and in keeping with the firm's House Style. We also type (from audio) letters, file notes, statements, reports etc.
Daily duties will include:
- retrieving and distributing post to the IT department in the morning
- touch type training using Mavis Beacon software
- house styling legal documents and reports (a variety of copy typing, styling, PowerPoint presentations, data entry etc)
- inputting data onto Excel spreadsheets
- audio typing file notes, letters, witness statements and reports
The successful candidate will learn to touch type, reaching 60+ wpm throughout the apprenticeship.
The role would suit somebody with an eye for detail and an interest in making the best use of available technology. Candidates must be confident and organised, and have a good understanding of spelling and grammar. Knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite is essential, as is an interest in how technology is used to carry out office work.
Requirements and prospects
- Attention to detail
- Confident and organised
- Good knowledge of the English language, especially good spelling and grammar
- A desire to absorb and apply new skills
- Willingness to learn and improve
- A professional, positive and enthusiastic approach
Minimum of grade C English GCSE or equivalent
Things to consider
About the employer
You will achieve a nationally recognised Level 2 Diploma qualification. Unless exempt on entry, you will also achieve Level 1 Functional Skills qualifications in English, maths and ICT.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Eastleigh College
Emily Sutch 02380 911 226 email@example.com
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 07 Oct 2017