EYFS Teaching Assistant Apprentice Eastcroft Park Primary School
An exciting opportunity to work in our Early Years Foundation Stage as a Teaching Assistant
Closing date: 29 Aug 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
05 Sep 2017
30 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
Supporting Teaching and Learning:
- Develop a positive and supportive relationship with all pupils in EYFS.
- Be aware of the differing needs of pupils.
- Support the teachers in delivering effective early years practise.
- To assist the class teacher with maintaining the pupils’ records.
- To support the pupils emotional or behavioural needs and help develop their social skills.
- Prepare and present displays of pupils’ work.
- Support class teachers in photocopying and other tasks in order to support teaching.
Standards and quality assurance:
- Support the aims and ethos of the school.
- Set a good example in terms of dress, punctuality and attendance.
- To maintain confidentiality.
- Attend team and staff meetings.
- Undertake professional duties that may be reasonably assigned by the head teacher e.g. Lunchtime supervision.
- Be proactive in matters relating to health and safety.
Requirements and prospects
- Good Literacy and Numeracy skills.
- ICT skills.
- An enthusiasm to work with young children.
- Communicational skills relevant to both children and adults.
- Ability to self-manage and organise own time.
- Happy, positive and fun.
- A willingness to support others and be a team player.
- Smart appearance.
- Professional attitude.
- A level of maturity with working in a school environment will be required.
- Ambitious – hard working.
- The ideal candidate will have a Minimum of A-C GCSE Grades in Maths and English or equivalent.
Things to consider
About the employer
Eastcroft Park Primary School
- CACHE Level 2 Certificate in Children and Young Peoples Workforce (QCF)
- Employers Rights and Responsibilities (ERR)
- Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
- Level 1 Functional Skills in Maths and ICT
- Level 2 Functional Skills in English
Children and Young People's Workforce
J.M. EDUCATION LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by J.M. EDUCATION LIMITED
Ella Hudson 0151 609 1193 firstname.lastname@example.org
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Aug 2017