An opportunity has become available to work as a member of the nursery team, showing initiative and creativity to foster an environment which encourages the children’s all round development and where high standards of care are provided.
Apprentice Nursery Assistant
Copper Beeches Day Nursery Limited
Closing date: 30 Jun 2017
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
37.5hrs per week, Monday to Friday between the hours of 7.45am and 6pm
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
03 Jul 2017
14 Sep 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Be a reliable member of a team, working co-operatively and with flexibility.
- Understand that each child is an individual and have a general understanding of childcare and child development.
- Observe each child’s progress and report on achievements looking for progression and continuity.
- Develop positive relationships with parents / guardians, other staff and outside agencies.
- Assist with the supervision of children at play (indoor and outdoor) and at mealtimes.
- Assist with planning a programme of activities, suitable for the age range of the children, following the guidelines for the implementation of ‘Early Learning Goals’ and the Company’s Curriculum Document.
- Assist with the creation of a stimulating and attractive classroom environment.
- Attend parent meetings, be involved in fundraising events and assist with the promotion of the nursery, as required.
- Assist with the care, maintenance and security of all equipment and toys within the nursery.
- To attend staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- Participate in all self-development activities, including appraisals, etc.
- Develop positive relationships with other staff working within the Nursery.
Health and Safety
- Undertake a shared responsibility for health, safety, hygiene and cleanliness throughout the nursery.
- Ensure the general cleanliness of the children at all times.
- Operate the highest standard of hygiene and cleanliness in the bedding and nappy changing area and food service areas.
- Be familiar with all emergency and security procedures, e.g. Fire procedures, routines for dropping off and collecting children.
- Adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures including attendance at meetings, preparation of reports and any other duties as required.
- Ensure the Company’s Equal Opportunities Policy is adhered to at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- Affinity with young children
- Ability to work as a reliable member of the team, developing positive relationships with colleagues, parents, children and outside agencies
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge and understanding of Equal Opportunities
Prepared to undertake professional development as appropriate
Ideally candidates will have GCSEs grade A*-C or equivalent qualifications.
Progression onto the Level 3 Early Years Advanced Apprenticeship to be considered upon successful completion of the Level 2 Apprenticeship programme in addition to GCSE grades A-C in Maths and English.
Things to consider
Reality Check: Please note - should this position receive a large amount of applications the job advert will close early. We advise that you apply for this position early to avoid disappointment. As part of our apprenticeship recruitment process, you will be required to attend a Numeracy, Literacy and Interview Assessment at our Futureskills Campus on Dakota Avenue, Salford, M50 2PU. Should you be successful at this stage, we will then submit your application to the employer for further consideration. Important Other Information: Apprenticeship National Minimum Wage (ANMW): The National Minimum Wage for Apprentices is £3.30 per hour (From October 1st 2016 this will be increasing by 3% to £3.40 per hour). This is the legal minimum pay per hour applying to 16-18 year old apprentices and those aged 19 and over in the first year of their apprenticeship. For apprentices 19 or over who have completed their first year and are continuing their apprenticeship, the National Minimum wage appropriate to their age applies. The Wage for Apprentices applies to both time spent on the job plus time spent training. More info is available at http://www.direct.gov.uk/en/Employment/Employees/TheNationalMinimumWage/DG_10027201 Individuals who already have a Level 4 qualification are now eligible for a Level 5 or above Higher Apprenticeship only. They are not eligible for funding for an Intermediate Level, Advanced Level or Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship.
About the employer
The Nursery was developed by two couples who created a nursery which offers high quality care, staff and facilities. The company is based in Sale and offers childcare facilities from 0-5 years to enhance the emotional, social, cultural and educational development of the children.
Training will be provided in order to achieve the Level 2 Certificate in Children and Young Peoples Workforce. Functional Skills Level 1 Maths, English and ICT are completed with the Apprentice if a prior GCSE grade A-C or equivalent has not already been achieved. You may be expected to attend Salford City College 1 day per week for Functional Skills classes if required.
Children and Young People's Workforce
SALFORD CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Salford City College
Jon Hobson 0161 631 5747
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 30 Jun 2017