Apprentice Nursery Assistant Copper Beeches Day Nursery Limited
An opportunity has become available to work as a member of the nursery team, showing initiative and creativity to foster an environment which encourages the children’s all round development and where high standards of care are provided.
Closing date: 24 Jul 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
31 Jul 2017
14 Sep 2016
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- Be a reliable member of a team, working co-operatively and with flexibility.
- Understand that each child is an individual and have a general understanding of childcare and child development.
- Observe each child’s progress and report on achievements looking for progression and continuity.
- Develop positive relationships with parents / guardians, other staff and outside agencies.
- Assist with the supervision of children at play (indoor and outdoor) and at mealtimes.
- Assist with planning a programme of activities, suitable for the age range of the children, following the guidelines for the implementation of ‘Early Learning Goals’ and the Company’s Curriculum Document.
- Assist with the creation of a stimulating and attractive classroom environment.
- Attend parent meetings, be involved in fundraising events and assist with the promotion of the nursery, as required.
- Assist with the care, maintenance and security of all equipment and toys within the nursery.
- To attend staff meetings and training sessions as required.
- Participate in all self-development activities, including appraisals, etc.
- Develop positive relationships with other staff working within the Nursery.
Health and Safety
- Undertake a shared responsibility for health, safety, hygiene and cleanliness throughout the nursery.
- Ensure the general cleanliness of the children at all times.
- Operate the highest standard of hygiene and cleanliness in the bedding and nappy changing area and food service areas.
- Be familiar with all emergency and security procedures, e.g. Fire procedures, routines for dropping off and collecting children.
- Adhere to all Company Policies and Procedures including attendance at meetings, preparation of reports and any other duties as required.
- Ensure the Company’s Equal Opportunities Policy is adhered to at all times.
Requirements and prospects
- Affinity with young children
- Ability to work as a reliable member of the team, developing positive relationships with colleagues, parents, children and outside agencies
- Good communication skills, both oral and written
- Knowledge and understanding of Equal Opportunities
Prepared to undertake professional development as appropriate
Ideally candidates will have GCSEs grade A*-C or equivalent qualifications.
Things to consider
About the employer
Children and Young People's Workforce
SALFORD CITY COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Salford City College
Jon Hobson 0161 631 5747
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 24 Jul 2017