Administration Apprenticeship AVA SLEEP LTD
This is an exciting opportunity to work for the UKs first ever FIRA Ergonomics Excellence Award winning bed company undertaking varied duties. You will be working with a small hardworking and friendly team.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
30 Sep 2017
04 Apr 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
The role will include various administration duties with the aim to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship.
The role will include some of the following areas:
- General administrative duties including typing correspondence by e-mail and letter
- To undertake filing, faxing, record keeping, photocopying and distribution of relevant documents
- Support to members of the Management Team
- Using Microsoft Packages, in particular Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- To deal courteously and efficiently with all visitors
- Answering the telephone in a professional manner and dealing with enquiries
- Responsible for co-ordinating the post
- Providing refreshments for visitors when required
- Inputting data onto internal systems with a high level of accuracy
- Dealing with stationary/stock levels and reordering as and when appropriate
- Assisting all members of the team as and when required
- Dealing with requests for information
- Ensuring that the Policies of the company are observed and that good practice is encouraged, particularly in the areas of Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and confidentiality
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
Requirements and prospects
- Somebody who is a good verbal communicator both face to face and on the telephone
- IT literate and have a good understanding of Microsoft Packages
- Required to work to deadlines, with good time management
- Good numeracy skills
- Confident in using email and the Internet
- The successful candidate will be organised
- Must be punctual as well as having a good attendance record
- Ability to work on own initiative, when required
- Respond positively to the demands of a varied workload
- Friendly and approachable
- Commitment to undertake continued training and development
Grade C or above in Mathematics and English or equivalent would be preferred but each person will be considered on their individual merits.
Things to consider
About the employer
AVA SLEEP LTD
NVQ Diploma Business Administration – The NVQ qualification starts on date of employment - Evidence is gathered and assessed in the workplace.
The candidate will understand the following:
- Organising and administering meetings
- Manage diary systems
- How to use different office equipment
- Organisation of travel and accommodation
- Use of mail services in a business
- Understand customer service in a business
- How to prepare different types of business documents
- Understand data protection
- How information is managed in business organisations, laws, health and safety as well as confirming understanding of the company’s policies - Delivered in college – The delivery starts in April or September, on a Wednesday
- Mathematics Level 1 then 2
- English Level 1 then 2
- ICT Level 1
Exemptions may apply if GCSE Grade C or equivalent has been achieved.
You will be required to attend college one day per week for this training.
Business and Administration
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Kirklees College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017