Professional Cookery Apprenticeship New Place
1 year Professional Cookery Apprenticeship working at New Place Hotel in Southampton
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017
The current National Minimum Wage for an apprentice is £3.50 an hour. This rate applies to apprentices under 19 and those aged 19 or over who are in their first year.
Apprentices must be paid at least the minimum wage rate for their age if they are aged 19 or over and have completed their first year.
The minimum wage rates are £5.60 an hour for 18-20 year olds and £7.05 for anyone aged 21 and over.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that’s part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
27 Sep 2017
27 Mar 2017
Intermediate Level Apprenticeship
- To follow a daily brief from senior chef on duty for production of all food to a set and agreed standard.
- Assist senior members of the kitchen team with accepting food delivery and storing away in the correct place, the rotation of stock and recording as required.
- Responsible for the general cleanliness of the department so that all visitors enjoy a well-presented, professional and hygienic environment.
- To ensure that all stock, equipment and people are safe and secure at all times.
- To ensure that tasks set on a daily and weekly basis are completed to the agreed standard and on time.
- To achieve departmental standards in the preparation, production and delivery of food and meals to ensure that we meet our customers’ expectations.
- Encourage and demonstrate a positive relationship with customers and colleagues to ensure we exceed customer delight.
- To report any maintenance and health and safety issues to the Head Chef or the Duty Manager.
Requirements and prospects
- Leadership, time management and being assertive.
- Being creative and progressive while maintaining quality and hygiene.
- Oral and written communication.
- Teamwork and team management
- Multitasking and being professional.
- Organisation and administration.
- Food preparation and presentation.
- Managing budgets and stress management.
GCSE or equivalent Math's and English preferably at C grade or above
Things to consider
About the employer
- NVQ level 2 in Professional Cookery
- Functional sklls Maths & English
Catering and Professional Chefs
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Fareham College
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.
Closing date: 26 Sep 2017