Traineeship in Childcare. Puddleducks
Puddleducks Day Nursery is looking to recruit a trainee nursery assistant in a children's day nursery. Working with children under 5 in their earliest years.
Sign in to apply
Closing date: 02 Oct 2017
- To work as a trainee nursery assistant in a children's day nursery.
- Working with children under 5 in their earliest years.
- To help ensure the safety and security of children in the setting whilst promoting the children's learning and enjoyment through planned play experiences.
- The role will include supporting children's care routines such as meal and sleep times, helping to prepare, carry out and clear away a wide range of childcare activities from outdoor play to creative activities and reading stories.
- To supervise and support children's play extending their interests ensuring they feel safe and secure at all times, adhering to settings policies and procedures.
Training to be provided
- Certificate in Children’s & Young People's Workforce (Traineeship).
- Training to be provided by Total People, this will include 1 full days training per week at one of our Total People sites.
- Additional training includes Maths, English and ICT. Training will be provided as required on site but away from usual work duties and it will be delivered by Total People trainers.
- Additional support and guidance will be planned monthly with your Total People Advisor.
Total People Ltd
Possible start date
05 Oct 2017
13 Mar 2017
Desired skills and what this will lead to
Desired skills and qualities
- Able to communicate well with children and adults.
- Wanting to gain experience in the Childcare field.
- Good communication skills.
What this will lead to
As a minimum would you be provided with an exit interview and a reference. There is also the possibility of moving towards an advanced apprenticeship.