Traineeship Care Assistant BUPA
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
A Traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core are work preparation training, English and Maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, Maths and English and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job.
This Traineeships Opportunity is unwaged.
Ixion will pay a bursary of £3.40 for the first 100 hours of work placement activity (This is paid weekly by bacs payment, subject to learners submitting a signed weekly working log- employer must pay thereafter) & First week of travel costs reimbursed – paid to learners in cash.
Gain knowledge and experience in the following:
- To provide the highest standards of holistic care and attention for the residents by participating fully in the overall care of residents.
- To read and understand each resident’s care plan prior to providing care.
- To act as a key worker for a group of residents under the guidance of appropriate management
- To assist with washing, dressing, feeding, toileting and personal hygiene in line with each resident’s care plan.
- To help provide mental and physical stimulation by participating in recreational and social activities with the residents.
- To assist in the keeping of accurate records in accordance with registration and legal requirements e.g. turn and fluid charts, daily life notes etc.
- To be respectful and courteous when dealing with colleagues’, relatives and other public and professional people.
- To attend staff meetings and all required training sessions to ensure you are always up to date with mandatory training.
- To assist with the welcoming and inducting of new care employees.
- To carry out any other reasonable instruction as requested by management.
Training to be provided
- Ixion Holdings will provide the traineeship framework, which will include NVQ Level 1, Functional Skills, ERR, PLTS.
- Ixion Holdings will ensure Health & Safety, and Equality & Diversity.
- Exit Interview and letter of reference should the candidate want to seek out other opportunities.
Ixion Holdings (Contracts) Limited
Steven Vasiliou firstname.lastname@example.org
Possible start date
05 Oct 2017
17 Feb 2017
Desired skills and what this will lead to
Desired skills and qualities
- Good communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- We are not looking for you to have previous experience as we will provide all the necessary training and support but we are looking for you to have the passion and a drive for working with the elderly.
- Enthusiastic and motivated.
- Adaptable and flexible.
- Ability to organise and to use own initiative.
- Ability to interact with people from varying cultural backgrounds and social environments.
- A passion and a drive for working with the elderly.