Traineeship - Kitchen Assistant Bupa Care Homes
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
A Traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core are work preparation training, English and Maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, Maths and English and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job.
Ixion pays bursary of £3.40 for the first 100 hours of work placement activity (This is paid weekly by bacs payment, subject to learners submitting a signed weekly working log- employer must pay thereafter) & First week of travel costs reimbursed – paid to learners in cash.
Gain knowledge and experience in the following:
- To assisting in the preparation of meals and drinks.
- To ensure that all cleaning materials are handled according to company policy/HACCP, in a clean production area.
- To prepare vegetables and beverages for residents as required by the Chef Manager.
- To prepare food and trolleys for the meals.
- To provide assistance with plating meals when required.
- To put away stores, paying particular attention to stock rotation.
- To undertake deep cleaning tasks under the direction of the Chef Manager.
- To always maintain a professional and hygienic appearance at all times.
- To maintain high standards of cleanliness in any satellite kitchens, ensuring that all areas and utensils are cleaned during food preparation and put away in the appropriate areas as directed by the Chef Manager.
- To assist in the maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment by ensuring adherence to BUPA Care Services Health & Safety and Welfare policies and procedures.
- Duty to whistleblow if witness bad practice or harm to a resident within the care home (see policy in Section 11).
Training to be provided
- Ixion Holdings will provide the traineeship framework, which will include NVQ Level 1, Functional Skills, ERR, PLTS
- Ixion Holdings will ensure Health & Safety, and Equality & Diversity
The Traineeship opportunity includes; Work preparation training, Maths & English support for those who require it and a high quality work experience placement
Ixion Holdings (Contracts) Limited
Steven Vasiliou 07507 558470 email@example.com
Possible start date
05 Oct 2017
02 Dec 2016
Desired skills and what this will lead to
Desired skills and qualities
- Basic Food Hygiene Certificate.
- Experience working in kitchen.
- Team player.
- Ability to work within tight deadlines and be flexible.
- Communicate effectively with colleagues, remaining courteous at all times.