Traineeship - Garden Nursery Production (Horticulture) (12 week - Unpaid Work (Expenses only paid) Tendercare Nurseries Ltd
Closing date: 13 Nov 2017
- Helping to maintain the appearance of the plant stock by employing various cultural methods, labelling, stock-taking, pest and disease control and irrigation management
- Assisting with potting-up, other production tasks and general nursery duties
- General Nursery assistance within the nursery area as required
Training to be provided
On the job training at the workplace
- Employability skills (CV writing/Cover letters/Interview skills/Job search).
- Maths & English – (depending on your existing qualifications/Levels).
The above classes will be 1-2 days a week and will take place at Brookfield Adult Learning Centre, Park Road, Uxbridge, UB8 1NP.
Brookfield Adult Learning
Pankaj Joshi 01895556248 email@example.com
Possible start date
30 Nov 2017
19 Sep 2017
Desired skills and what this will lead to
Desired skills and qualities
- Physically fit, strong and a liking for working in the outdoors.
- Ability to work both within a team and on own initiative.
- Flexible attitude to work programmes.
- Ability to use general nursery tools.
- Strict observance of Health & Safety Instructions
- Strict observance of Management Work Instructions
- Liking for plants in general.
- Attention to detail.
- Polite, friendly and well-presented.
- Good, positive attitude to working.
- Keen desire to learn.
- Good listening skills.
- Is patient and enjoys being part of a team.
- A passion for helping people.