TRAINEESHIP Kitchen Assistant Joshua Hammond & Dean Brooman
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
This Traineeship work experience is part of an education and training programme that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core is work preparation training, English and Maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, i.e.: Maths and English and work experience needed to get an apprenticeship or other job.
This Traineeship opportunity is unwaged.
Are you eligible?
1. Are you currently NOT in a job? Do you have little or no work experience?
2. Are you aged 16 to 24 and qualified below Level 3 (A levels)
3. Are you motivated and think you could be ready for employment or an apprenticeship within 6 months?
Look no further than a Traineeship position.
The position will be over a 5 day week on split shifts. The position will see you working closely with the owners of the business to ensure you receive all the necessary training to be able to deliver in the kitchen.
The jobs you will be trained to do are as follows:
- Cleaning and washing up
- Food preparation to menu and taught standards
- Maintaining any relevant records trained to do
- Communicating with colleagues and Owners of the business
- Helping wherever needed within reason.
The right candidate will be offered a paid Apprenticeship position if they prove to be the right person for the role.
Training to be provided
- The Traineeship opportunity includes work preparation training, Maths and English support for those who require it and a high quality work experience placement.
- You will receive training in functional skills in Maths and English and will work towards the Developing skills in the workplace qualification which will be certificated upon completion and a chance to progress onto a level 2 apprenticeship.
- Full company induction and ongoing and consistent on the job training for practical skills and knowledge. This will be supported by theory training from Smart . Any relevant in house/ external additional training will be discussed and agreed where necessary.
Smart Training & Recruitment
Possible start date
01 Nov 2017
06 Sep 2017
Joshua Hammond & Dean Brooman
Desired skills and what this will lead to
Desired skills and qualities
- Good communicator and listener
- Good attention to detail
- Ability to work in a team and with instruction
- Good communicator