Traineeship in IT Support - 12381 GP Computers Limited
Closing date: 31 Oct 2017
Main responsibilities (training will be provided):
- General Business Admin duties (sorting out customer’s invoices and updated customer’s records).
- Shadowing and helping out technicians. Helping them setting up equipment for large business contracts.
- Learning the basics of repairing of PC, Mac and Laptops.
- Providing good customer service.
Then you will return to our QA Learning Centre in Reading for a further 4 weeks to complete training.
A Traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills that employers are looking for. At its core are work preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, maths and English and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job.
This Traineeships Opportunity is unwaged.
Are you eligible?
- Are you currently not in a job? Do you have little or no work experience?
- Are you aged 16 to 24 and qualified below Level 3 (A level)?
Training to be provided
At its core are work preparation training, English and Maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement. A Traineeship will help you unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, Maths and English and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or full time work.
Our 14 week Traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for.
During the 14 weeks, you will gain 6 weeks work experience with a company called GP Computers that specialise in providing in first class IT support to a number of different businesses.
Start with 4 weeks Training at our QA Learning Centre in Reading receiving coaching in Employability and interview skills, Maths and English Functional Skills (If needed) and also IT training.
Then it will be 6 weeks work experience within your IT role.
0345 074 7825 AVTraineeships@apprenticeships.gov.uk
Possible start date
06 Nov 2017
15 Aug 2017
GP Computers Limited
Desired skills and what this will lead to
Desired skills and qualities
- Excellent communication skills
- Good telephone manner
- Be able to listening and follow instruction in a professional manner
- Be able to work as part of team and to be self-motivated
- Good customer service
- Currently not in a job with little or no work experience
- Qualified below a level 3 (A-Level)
- Must be able to travel to Reading for training
- Must be able to drive or cycle to travel to work placement
- Team player
- Excellent customer service skills