Traineeship in Childcare. Parklands Day Nursery
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
This study programme opportunity is to experience real hands on training working with children. To work as a volunteer nursery assistant in a children's day nursery.
- Working with children under 5 in their earliest years.
- To help ensure the safety and security of children in the setting whilst promoting the children's learning and enjoyment through planned play experiences.
- The role will include supporting children's care routines such as meal and sleep times, helping to prepare, carry out and clear away a wide range of childcare activities from outdoor play to creative activities and reading stories.
- To supervise and support children's play extending their interests ensuring they feel safe and secure at all times.
Training to be provided
- Induction into the childcare field covering roles and responsibilities.
- Maths/ English/ICT functional skills/GCSE where applicable.
- Weekly Childcare Training which will take place in one of Total People training sites.
- Reviews and support visits from Total People staff in the workplace.
Total People Ltd
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
08 Aug 2017
Parklands Day Nursery
Desired skills and what this will lead to
Desired skills and qualities
- Caring nature with good use of initiative.
- Good communication skills.
- The person needs to be able to work well with other team members.