Traineeship in Childcare Buglawton Primary School
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
This traineeship opportunity is to experience real on the job training working with children.
Experience will involve:
- To work as a volunteer nursery assistant in a children's day nursery.
- Working with children under 5 in their earliest years.
- To help ensure the safety and security of children in the setting whilst promoting the children's learning and enjoyment through planned play experiences.
- The role will include supporting children's care routines such as meal and sleep times, helping to prepare, carry out and clear away a wide range of childcare activities from outdoor play to creative activities and reading stories.
To supervise and support children's play extending their interests ensuring they feel safe and secure at all times. The minimum duration of the traineeship is 5 weeks to 6 months.
Training to be provided
- Certificate in the Children’s & Young People's Workforce. Training to be provided by Total People Limited, this will include 1 full days training per week at one of our Total People sites.
- Additional training includes Employment Rights and Responsibilities Maths, English and ICT.
- Training will be provided as required on site but away from usual work duties and it will be delivered by Total People advisors and or trainers.
- Additional support and guidance will be planned monthly with your Total People Advisor.
Total People Ltd
Possible start date
02 Oct 2017
17 Jul 2017
Buglawton Primary School
Desired skills and what this will lead to
Desired skills and qualities
- Committed, enthusiastic, reliable
- Able to communicate well with children and adults.
- Able to work as an effective team member.
- Wanting to gain experience in the Childcare field
- Good communication skills with the ability to use own initiative.
- Good communication skills