Traineeship in Childcare with Swiss Cottage Pre-school Swiss Cottage
A Traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core are work preparation training, English and maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, maths and English and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job.
This Traineeship Opportunity is unwaged.
You will be required to complete the following duties:
- Set up and carry out activities for the children.
- Observe the children and complete relevant paperwork to a high standard.
- Follow the policies and procedures of the setting at all times to ensure the health and safety of the staff and children.
- Assist with general hygiene and cleaning duties.
- Assist during meal times.
- Communicate with other staff members and parents on a daily basis.
Training to be provided
This Traineeship opportunity is part of a full-time programme which will include 16 hours per week in a high quality work placement and a further 6 hours each week with Smart Training in a local training centre, where you will cover English and Maths skills (if required), job search, employability and interview skills and study towards industry certificates that will help you to progress in this sector.
Dominika Mroczek 02037004287 email@example.com
Possible start date
19 Sep 2017
19 May 2017
Desired skills and what this will lead to
Desired skills and qualities
The ideal candidate will have good communication and listening skills and be willing to work as part of a team.
The ideal applicant will be:
- Polite and well presented.
- Willing to learn.
- Reliable and punctual.