Traineeship Housekeeping Assistant Bupa Care Homes
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
A Traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core are work preparation training, English and Maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, Maths and English and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job.
Ixion will pay a bursary of £3.50 for the first 100 hours of work placement activity (This is paid weekly by bacs payment, subject to learners submitting a signed weekly working log- employer must pay thereafter) & First week of travel costs reimbursed – paid to learners in cash.
Gain knowledge and experience in the following:
- To work in conjunction with care staff to change and sort linen, towels and curtains and undertake linen checks.
- To ensure that residents’ rooms and public areas are in perfect order, reporting any faults, eg defective light bulbs, worn carpets, broken fittings.
- To look after and clean housekeeping equipment and machinery and ensure the economical and correct use of cleaning materials.
- To assist with residents’ needs in organising dry cleaning service.
- To attend staff meetings and training where appropriate.
- To assist in the maintenance of a safe and healthy working environment by ensuring adherence to BUPA Care Homes Health & Safety and Welfare policies and procedures.
Training to be provided
- Ixion Holdings will provide the traineeship framework, which will include NVQ Level 1, Functional Skills, ERR, PLTS
- Ixion Holdings will ensure Health & Safety, and Equality & Diversity
Ixion Holdings (Contracts) Limited
Steven Vasiliou 07507 558470 email@example.com
Possible start date
05 Oct 2017
30 May 2017
Desired skills and what this will lead to
Desired skills and qualities
- Communicate effectively at all times.
- Good questioning and listening skills.
- Ability to motivate staff ensuring effective team work.
- Professional neat appearance.
- Ability to work on own initiative unsupervised.