TRAINEESHIP in Childcare Rebecca's Day Nursery
Closing date: 29 Sep 2017
A Traineeship is an education and training programme with work experience that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core are work preparation training, English and Maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, Maths and English and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job.
This Traineeship Opportunity is unwaged.
Rebecca's Day Nursery currently has a Childcare Traineeship opportunity for a young person to join their nursery in Nantwich.
This position is aimed at people looking to progress into employment within a Childcare setting.
If successful you will be able to gain basic knowledge of working in a Childcare role which will include various aspects of working in a Nursery, including:
- Supporting children's care routines such as meal and sleep times
- Helping to prepare, carry out and clear away a wide range of childcare activities from outdoor play to creative activities and reading stories
- To supervise and support children's play extending their interests ensuring they feel safe and secure at all times
This Traineeship offers a work placement for 2 days per week with Rebecca's Day Nursery and you will be working on Functional Skills Maths and English training for one day per week.
The successful candidate will receive a bursary and travel expenses.
Training to be provided
- Certificate in Children’s & Young People's Workforce. Training to be provided by Total People, this will include 1 full days training per week at one of our Total People sites. Additional training includes Maths, English and ICT.
- Training will be provided as required on site but away from usual work duties and it will be delivered by Total People trainers.
- Additional support and guidance will be planned monthly with your Total People Advisor.
Total People Ltd
Possible start date
30 Sep 2017
05 May 2017
Desired skills and what this will lead to
Desired skills and qualities
- Committed, enthusiastic, reliable able to communicate well with children and adults.
- Wanting to gain experience in the Childcare field
- Good communication skills.
- Hard working
- Trustworthy individual
- Works well in a team and contribute with new ideas whilst caring and supporting the children