Traineeship in Warehousing/Retail County Durham Furniture Help Scheme
Closing date: 30 Sep 2017
This Traineeship work experience is part of an education and training programme that is focused on giving young people the skills and experience that employers are looking for. At its core is the Work Preparation training, English and Maths for those who need it, and a high quality work experience placement.
Traineeships help unlock your great potential and give you the work preparation training, Maths and English and work experience needed to get an Apprenticeship or other job.
This Traineeship Opportunity is unwaged.
Are you eligible?
- Are you currently NOT in a job? Do you have little or no Work Experience?
- Are you aged 16 to 24 and qualified below Level 3 ( A levels)
- Are you motivated and think you could be ready for employment or an apprenticeship within 6 months?
Look no further than a Traineeship Position
This Traineeship opportunity is a unpaid Work Experience placement as part of an entry to work course. An incentive of £30.00 per week is available based on 24 hour a week attendance (not eligible if claiming benefits) and also a £15 travel allowance is available for those who require public transport to get there.
You will be receiving and sorting donated furniture and selecting items for sale. Some items will need to be passed to the workshop for minor repairs, before going on sale.
Keeping the retail areas tidy and all stoke displayed correctly. CDFHS also sell new furniture. You will help display and sell the new stock alongside the donated items.
CDFHS are currently expanding the range of furniture they sell. This is a good time to get involved and gain some good work experience.
Training to be provided
- Full induction, including Health & Safety and Manual Handling training will be provided if needed.
- The Traineeship opportunity includes work preparation training, Maths and English support for those who require it and a high quality work experience placement.
- You will receive training Functional Skills in English and Maths and will work towards developing skills in the workplace qualification which will be certificated upon completion.
- Exit Interview and letter of reference should the candidate want to seek out other opportunities.
Smart Training & Recruitment
Possible start date
01 Oct 2017
03 May 2017
County Durham Furniture Help Scheme
Desired skills and what this will lead to
Desired skills and qualities
The ability to work in a team and good communication skills would be an advantage
People who are willing to learn and have a good work ethic will do well in this position