Teaching Assistant Apprentice Asset Training & Consultancy Ltd
This role is to support the teacher within the classroom following the curriculum. The apprentice will be expected to establish good working relationships with pupils, acting as a role model. Be aware and respond appropriately to individual pupils needs, promoting inclusion and acceptance of all pupils.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
15 Nov 2022
22 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Main duties will include:
- Supporting pupils with their numeracy
- Supporting pupils with their literacy
- Supporting pupils with their ICT skills
- Being involved in displays and preparing resources
- Helping children who need extra support to complete tasks
- Understanding the Safeguarding and Behaviour Policy
- Working with children aged 4 - 11 years
- Supporting a teacher in various roles within the classroom
- Ability to conduct yourself in a professional manner at all times whilst working in schools
- Running a breakfast club, lunchtime club and after school clubs on occasional days
- Show commitment with guidance to the School ethos, aims and principles, including a commitment to inclusion and equal opportunities
- Attend and participate in regular meetings as appropriate
- Participate in training and other learning activities as required
- Establish own best practice in caring for young children in accordance with the standards required in providing high quality integrated early education and childcare
Requirements and prospects
- IT literate
- Able to use Microsoft
- To be patient, kind, reliable and willing to participate in training and development.
- To be able to communicate with children, staff, parents and carers.
- An ability to build rapport with children.
- Smart and professional
- Willing to learn
- Ability to work well with others and carry out tasks effectively under supervision
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Understanding of the skills and abilities required in childcare practice
- Awareness of the importance of child protection procedures in ensuring the safety and wellbeing of young children
- Understanding of the importance of equal opportunities
4/C in maths and English GCSEs or equivalent qualifications.
For the right candidate, this apprenticeship is the start of your career and there is an opportunity to progress within the school.
About the employer
Rudston Primary School is a caring, stimulating and friendly school in which every member of the school feels safe, are valued and are treated with respect. This website gives you a snapshot of our school, its curriculum, activities and resources. It also provides information on the roles and responsibilities of the people who work in the school.
Music, art and whole-school performances, science and sport are all highly valued and give our children many opportunities to shine. The Rudston Primary curriculum reflects our children’s interests and enables them to achieve standards of which we are extremely proud. The aim is for our children to move through life with confidence, excellent skills, good friendships and happy memories of primary school.
ASSET TRAINING & CONSULTANCY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Asset Training & Consultancy Ltd
Emily Coppack 07903 612947 email@example.com
Level 3 Teaching Assistant apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.