Human Resources (HR) Administrator Apprentice Licensed Trade Charity
The HR Administrator will support the HR team in the provision of a high quality, efficient HR administration for the Charity and schools. This is a fantastic opportunity for a mature, hardworking and reliable apprentice to learn whilst working towards a L3 HR Qualification.
Closing date: 16 Jul 2022
£14,000.00 - £16,000.00
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
25 Jul 2022
22 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
The HR Administrator will support the HR team in the provision of a high quality, efficient HR administration for the Charity and schools. As a customer focused role, the HR Administrator will provide effective admin support across the HR team focusing on data input, employee records, recruitment support and HR administration. Apply high standards of relevance, accuracy and timeliness. Act as a role model for maintaining the highest standards of ethical conduct.
The role, after training, will include the following areas:
- General administration, including data input, filing, and the administration involved in recruitment, new starters, attendance and training. Responsible for ensuring personnel files and computerised records are up to date and accurate
- Ensure that regular, consistent and timely information and instruction is given to the Payroll department
- Produce reports from and input data into the HR database – i.e. absence, training and holiday information
- Working closely with the HR Administrator (Recruitment) and Senior HR Administrator, assist in the issuing of new staff contacts of employment and take an active part in the interview process by organising interview schedules, booking rooms/venues, sending out relevant communications to candidates
- Be prepared to travel to the other Charity locations as and when necessary with a member of the team to provide HR administrative support – i.e. filing
- Maintain confidentiality as best practice, following data protection, equal opportunities and other relevant guidelines
- Assist when necessary to ensure the staff appointment register, the ‘Single Central Register of Staff’ is kept up to date at all times
- Assisting with compliance checks at and prior to interview, which include applying for references along with personnel and qualification checks
- Complete the on-boarding process for new starters, including making up files, and completing the safeguarding paperwork; including all relevant checks
- Maintain HR record information systems and input data onto relevant databases, including logging absences and training
- Logging and recording temp workers/Contractors at all Charity locations
- Assist the HR Administrator (Recruitment) with ads and the preparation of job/person specifications. Coordinating with recruitment agencies and updating adverts on the Charity websites
- Manage the administration of all mail, filing and office duties
- Maintain the site parking register and issue passes as necessary
- Cover the LTC Reception as and when required
- Adhere to HR policies and update policies and procedures under the advisement of the HR Director/Manager
- Assist with projects as directed
- Support and assist the HR team including the coordination of meetings and managing diaries
- Assist with admin of training - including on-line training
- Carry out any other relevant duties as and when required
- Attend HR meetings, to assist with training, accompanied by qualified HR personnel
- Ensuring that the policies of the company are observed, and that good practice is encouraged, particularly in the areas of Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and confidentiality
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
Requirements and prospects
- High level of professionalism and understanding of confidentiality
- Ability to learn new skills quickly
- Excellent IT Skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Experience in Microsoft packages – Excel/Word/Outlook/ databases
- Excellent organisational skills
- Good attention to detail
- Team player who can work effectively with a range of stakeholders
- Excellent time management
- Commitment to undertake continued training and development
- Flexibility to adapt to different tasks
- Friendly disposition
- High levels of integrity, honesty and credibility
- Ability to multitask whilst ensuring attention to detail
- Highly motivated, confident, self-starter
- Can do positive attitude and strong work ethic
- Ability to use own initiative and prioritise effectively
- 5 GCSEs at C/4 or above or equivalent including maths and English
HR Foundation Level 3 certificate upon completion of the apprenticeship and the opportunity to apply for CIPD membership at associate level.
Things to consider
During the course of the apprenticeship, it is the responsibility of the LTC to ensure that adequate on the job training is given and that the apprentice is supervised by the HR team whilst carrying out works.
Membership of the CIPD is available whilst training.
Ensure you are able to get to the location
This vacancy could close earlier if we find the right candidate, so apply early.
About the employer
The Licensed Trade Charity was founded over 200 years ago in 1793, by people from the trade and is devoted to looking after people from the licensed drinks trade, providing support when you need it. We help over 10,000 people each year and are proud to have helped hundreds of thousands in our 200+ years.
Throughout our history, the charity has been both innovative and responsive to changing needs and in seeking opportunities to sustain its work. We opened our first school in 1803 for 20 children from the trade and continue to educate children through our three successful schools today.
In the early 1800’s the charity began a project to house people from the trade who had fallen on hard times and began the Licensed Victuallers’ National Homes. Those were later sold and the charity currently retains a partner relationship with Anchor Housing allowing us to nominate people from the trade so that they are pushed up the queue and are often housed very quickly.
We are proud of our heritage as part of the licensed trade community, proud to work with operators to reach out to people that we may be able to help and proud to help licensed trade people get back on their feet when they need a little support.
We are honest with how we can help people, and we take pride in the progress we make both across our schools and in being at the heart of the pub community that is so valuable in today’s society.
C.M.S. VOCATIONAL TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by C M S Vocational Training Ltd
Katrina Clarke 01924 470477 firstname.lastname@example.org
The successful candidate will be enrolled on the Level 3 HR Support Apprenticeship Standard.
This will include:
- Working towards your Level 3 Apprenticeship in HR Support
- Functional Skills in maths, English and ICT, if required
- Working within an office environment to develop the skills knowledge and behaviours required
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.