Business Administrator Apprentice Croft Care Group
This is an exciting opportunity for a hardworking, committed, enthusiastic and reliable apprentice to join our growing healthcare business based in Normanton Head Office. Within your varied role, you will help to support all aspects of the business whilst working towards a Business Administrator Level 3 qualification.
Closing date: 20 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
25 Jul 2022
22 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
The Croft Care Group, a specialist care company, are seeking to appoint a hardworking and reliable apprentice to join our growing team. Good admin and communication skills are desirable.
The successful applicant will have a confident personality and the ability to juggle a range of tasks in a very busy environment.
Located on a good bus route, right next to Haw Hill Park.
This role will include administration duties and support across all areas of the business, with the aim to develop and have more responsibility during your apprenticeship.
The role, after training, will include some of the following:
- Providing customer and employee support with general office admin including, emails, faxes and other forms of correspondence
- Filing and record keeping
- Researching company data and archived reports
- Updating computer databases with relevant data
- Interacting with clients either on the phone or in person and building relationships
- Answering phones
- Following up on business communications, billing, and ordering
- Communicating with materials suppliers and vendors
- Using spreadsheets to track expenses and company spending
- Making travel arrangements for employees
- Learning about the company's mission and available products/services
- Educating clients about what products/services are available and how to purchase them
- Sending faxes and emails
- Preparing documents by printing, copying, and binding
- Collecting and sorting post
- Assisting with minor technical support
- Acting as a personal assistant to the executive team
- Scheduling appointments and events
- Ordering office stationery and other supplies
- Preparing meeting rooms by setting up chairs and getting refreshments
- Participating in office meetings and taking meeting minutes
- Giving feedback on office efficiency and suggesting possible improvements
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the organisation which is relevant to your post within the company to meet the overall business objectives.
Requirements and prospects
- IT literate and have a basic understanding of Microsoft Packages including Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- Good standard of numeracy and literacy
- Good telephone manner
- Good verbal communicator
- Required to work to deadlines, with good time management
- Very discrete and confidential as working with very sensitive data
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Polite, friendly and approachable
- Organised and pro-active
- Good attention to detail
- Willing to work effectively in the team
- An enthusiastic and energetic individual
- Flexible approach to work, willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Must be punctual as well as having a good attendance record
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Respond positively to the demands of a fast paced environment
- Commitment to undertake continued training and development
5 GCSEs (or equivalent) including maths and English at C/4 or above.
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, for the right applicant, there will be the opportunity to progress to a permanent position.
Things to consider
Excellent bus route.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
We provide nursing, residential and community based care services in the North of England and currently have multiple care homes based in the following locations: Wakefield, Durham, Huddersfield, Cleckheaton.
In our care homes we specialise in providing quality care for people in need of: Residential and Nursing Care, Emi Care, Dementia Care, Social Care, Intermediate and Respite Care, Palliative and End of Life Care.
Our domiciliary care services specialise in providing quality care for people in their own homes, which includes: Personal Care, Medication Calls, Shopping Services, Laundry / Cleaning Services, Social Support, Carer Support.
C.M.S. VOCATIONAL TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by C M S Vocational Training Ltd
Katrina Clarke 01924 470477 firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Business Administration Apprentice, you will complete the following qualifications as part of your Apprenticeship:
- Level 3 Business Administrator Standard Apprenticeship
- Level 2 Functional Skills maths and English if not already achieved
- You will also develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to work within an office environment
This apprenticeship is delivered in the workplace and 20% of your working time will be dedicated towards training and learning new skills. You will be allocated a tutor who will provide you with personal support and assessment at pre-arranged times.
Assessment is through a variety of methods including observations in the workplace, witness testimonies, product evidence and professional discussions. All evidence will be logged to your electronic portfolio.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.