Business Administration Apprentice St Helens Council
St Helens Borough Council is committed to offering a clerical opportunity through the Apprenticeship Programme, to gain work experience alongside a recognised qualification which will be Business Administration Level 3.
Closing date: 31 Oct 2022
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
Total hours per week: 37.00
Possible start date
14 Nov 2022
13 Jun 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Responsibilities will include:
- Assist in answering the telephone and taking accurate messages for other staff
- Receive, date stamp, sort and distribute incoming and external mail
- Provide clerical support including photocopying, e-mailing, preparing mail shots, shredding records and assisting in the completion of routine forms
- Assist with the accurate upkeep of electronic and manual records
- Accurate data input
- Produce standard documents
- Operate office equipment e.g., photocopier, scanner, shredder, computer etc.
- Arrange orderly and tidy storage of office supplies e.g., Stationery
- Participate in all aspects of training and development
- To comply with the Council’s Health and Safety Policy and associated safe working procedures and guidelines
- To comply with the Council’s Comprehensive Equality Policy and to ensure that it is implemented within the service area of the post
- To comply with the Council’s Information Management Framework (including the Data Protection Policy, Code of Practice and Social Media Policy)
- To comply with the Council's Code of Conduct a fundamental aspect of which are "the Seven Principles of Public Life", and to conduct oneself with the highest standards of conduct that they required
Requirements and prospects
- Good communication skills, be able to communicate with a variety of people – both face to face and using telephone
- Good organisation skills
- Competent IT skills particularly in Microsoft Office packages e.g., Word and Excel
- Works well on their own initiative
- Able to prioritise
- Able to maintain confidentiality
- Understand our Council / Service
- Have an awareness of children’s safeguarding
- Have an awareness of data protection requirements
- Able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service
- Smart appearance
- Enthusiastic, energetic with a positive approach to work
GCSEs at grades C/5 or above (or equivalent) in maths and English.
This opportunity comes with the potential of an extension of employment contract and an increase in salary.
About the employer
The Council is extremely ambitious and focused, striving to develop enterprise, diversify local business, develop education and skills, and reduce health inequalities. We aim to ensure that the culture is right for both the organisation and for our employees to develop and prosper. We want our employees to share and help us to achieve our vision. At St. Helens Borough Council we work hard at our achievements and pride ourselves on our capacity to deliver.
St Helens Council
ASSET TRAINING & CONSULTANCY LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Asset Training & Consultancy Ltd
Emily Coppack 07903 612947 firstname.lastname@example.org
Level 3 Business Administrator apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.