Business Administration Apprentice BORDER TO COAST PENSIONS PARTNERSHIP LIMITED
We are looking for an inquisitive and willing apprentice to take up this fantastic opportunity to work for one of the largest pension pools in the UK. In this interesting and varied role you will be providing a first-class administration and reception support for the business whilst working towards a Level 3 Business Administrator qualification.
Closing date: 31 May 2022
£9,379.50 - £19,760.00
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
04 Jul 2022
27 Apr 2022
Level 3 (A level)
After training, this role will include, but is not limited to:
- Provide admin support for colleagues
- Maintain office systems, including data management, filing and archiving
- Liaise with finance colleagues to raise purchase orders
- Act as a brand ambassador and professional representative, to support the organisation of business events and conferences
- Provide a first-class Reception service as the first point of contact for visitors and callers to Border to Coast
- Manage the Condeco meeting room diary, ensuring correct availability and required resources available
- Liaise with external suppliers to provide catering for visitors and colleagues
- Act as a first point of contact: dealing with correspondence and phone calls
- Administer postal and delivery services, including developing and maintaining monitoring system
- Book and arrange travel, transport and accommodation on request and manage subsequent expenses
- Support the preparation of documentation for meetings, e.g. presentations
- Support the management of all aspects of relationship with external building facilities management company
- Liaise with colleagues and suppliers
This list is not exhaustive, and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by the business manager which are relevant to your role within the company to meet the overall business needs.
Requirements and prospects
- Good written and verbal communication skills, both in person and on the telephone
- IT literate, including email, internet and have a basic understanding of Microsoft Office packages
- Excellent organisational skills
- Polite, friendly and professional
- Pleasant telephone manner
- Accuracy and ability to meet deadlines
- Flexible approach to work, willing to go the extra mile to get the job done
- Must be punctual and reliable as well as having a good attendance record
- Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Commitment to undertake continued training and development
GCSEs at grades A*-C/9-5 (or equivalent) in maths and English.
Upon completion of the qualification, progression to a full-time position for the right applicant.
Things to consider
At Border to Coast we have a learning culture and need for continuing professional development for our team so there is a high level of training offered through the year. You will receive continued training opportunities and support and coaching from a very experienced team of executive personal assistants as well as on-line learning and training on Financial Services, H&S, IT and Risk and Compliance.
This vacancy may close early if a suitable applicant is found so, please do not delay your application.
Apprentices are paid for their normal working hours and training that's part of their apprenticeship (usually one day per week).
For more information please visit: https://www.gov.uk/national-minimum-wage-rates
About the employer
Border to Coast Pensions Partnership Ltd is an FCA-authorised alternative investment fund manager (AIFM).
Border to Coast Pensions Partnership was established in 2018 in Leeds and is one of the largest pension pools in the UK. As one of eight national Local Government pools, Border to Coast oversees the investment of pensions assets, bringing together £55 billion from 11 Local Government Pension Scheme funds. By coming together Border to Coast helps our Partner Funds deliver improved long-term, risk adjusted returns whilst raising our collective ‘voice’ on responsible investing and sustainability.
C.M.S. VOCATIONAL TRAINING LIMITED
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by C M S Vocational Training Ltd
Katrina Clarke 01924 470477 firstname.lastname@example.org
As a Business Administration Apprentice, you will complete the following qualifications as part of your Apprenticeship:
- Level 3 Business Administrator Standard Apprenticeship
- Level 2 Functional Skills maths and English if not already achieved
- You will also develop the skills, knowledge and behaviours required to work within an office environment
This apprenticeship is delivered in the workplace and 20% of your working time will be dedicated towards training and learning new skills. You will be allocated a tutor who will provide you with personal support and assessment at pre-arranged times.
Assessment is through a variety of methods including observations in the workplace, witness testimonies, product evidence and professional discussions. All evidence will be logged to your electronic portfolio.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.