Apprentice Commercial Account Handler REDWOOD BUSINESS INSURANCE SERVICES LIMITED
The role has responsibility for generating revenue and developing the profitability of the business whilst ensuring full FCA compliance in all aspects of commercial insurance. Ensuring a quality service is provided to all clients in accordance with their needs and requirements.
Closing date: 29 May 2022
£18,000.00 - £24,000.00
Total hours per week: 37.50
Possible start date
20 Jun 2022
21 Apr 2022
Level 3 (A level)
Duties and responsibilities:
- Ensure accuracy, efficiency and professionalism when dealing with both client and insurer and conducting related administration work:
- New business
- Mid Term Adjustments
- Premium financing arrangements
- Cover note issuance
Ensure all business activity fully complies with FCA regulation and company procedures as detailed in the Conduct Polices and Guides to Best Practice.
Handle any complaints in accordance with regulation, the Company’s Conduct Policy and Guide to Best Practice.
Conduct learning, training and assessment exercises in accordance with the individual T&C scheme applicable to you. Identify further areas for own development as required.
Achieve and maintain a high level of customer service and promote exceptional customer care standards at all times.
Develop and maintain a professional working relationship with all clients and provide expert product advice and guidance
Actively secure renewal business by re-broking existing business to ensure the client is presented with the most suitable and cost-effective cover.
Promote and increase the use of in-house premium finance, from insurer schemes.
Support the Account Executive with duties where required.
Key Performance Indicators:
- Ensure all Key Performance Indicators are achieved and are attained compliantly with FCA regulation
- Be aware of the contents of the company’s Guides to Best Practice and ensure a full understanding of the following subjects, as a direct relation to the role. Ensure full compliance to the procedures contained within the Guides
- Commercial business
- Consumer business (if applicable)
- Consumer Credit
- Contract Certainty
- Errors & Omissions
- Training and Competence
- Conflicts of Interest
- Treating customers fairly
- Whistle Blowing
- Financial Crime
- Data Security and General Data Protection Regulator
- Record Keeping
- Ensure compliance to the company’s employment policies and procedures as contained within the Employee Handbook.
- Ensure compliance with the Individual Conduct rules and Conduct policies.
- Ensure all other company practices and procedures are followed and adhered to.
- Where appropriate take responsibility for meeting the reporting requirements of the FCA
- Where required ensure staff are adhering to FCA compliance. Perform regular file and sales audits.
Treating Customers Fairly:
- All employees are responsible for engaging with the senior management of the firm in ensuring that our customers are consistently treated fairly and for observing all of the firm’s TCF procedures.
- Conduct learning, training and assessment exercises in accordance with the individual T&C scheme applicable to you. Identify further areas for development as required.
- Attend supervision sessions, team and management meetings as appropriate.
- Attend in house training and external training courses as agreed.
- Develop and maintain effective and valuable relationships with insurers and underwriters for the benefit of the company and its clients.
- Comply with the administration requirement of any given insurer.
- Assimilate all company literature circulated by the firm or its agencies.
- Ensure personal data (client and employee) is secure, held and properly utilised in accordance with the principles of the Data Protection Act (2018) and Company policies.
- Work at all times within strict confidentiality guidelines and the principals of the Data Protection Act (2018) and Company policies.
- Report any potential breaches, including weaknesses in current systems, to Steve Hartley.
- Prioritise all client communication and ensure it is actioned in a timely way and in accordance with company procedures.
- Maintain all computer and paper files in accordance with company standards (which should be fully compliant with FCA).
- Ensure the Health and Safety manual is followed, and the office is kept clear and presentable, clear of obstructions at all times, ensuring that all deliveries, parcels, post and messages are given to the appropriate person promptly.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties as directed by your line manager.
Requirements and prospects
- Previous administrative experience in a similar role
- Experience of an office environment
- Attention to detail
- Confident communicator
- Building strong relationships with e.g. clients, insurers etc
- Organisational skills
- Conscientious approach to work tasks
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Working knowledge of insurance products
- Experience of working as an Account Handler in a similar broking environment
- Experience of working to high standards of FCA compliance
- I.T. skills including use of an insurance IT system e.g. Acturis, Open GI and Microsoft products
- Eager to progress
- Minimum GCSE or equivalent grade 4(C) and above in English and maths
- Achievement of A-Levels or equivalent qualifications
Continuous progression for the right candidate.
About the employer
Redwood was established in 2001, committed from the beginning to providing the highest standards of quality, integrity and reliability.
Originally specialising in business insurance solutions for local firms, we are now able to provide a full range of insurance to both businesses and individuals alike.
Our reputation for providing a first-class service, combined with the ability to offer competitive premiums, has established us within the commercial insurance marketplace.
Our ever-growing portfolio of clients ranges from small business start-ups to multinationals.
Our highly trained and experienced team work hard to find you an appropriate, cost-effective and efficient solution.
With experience across multiple sectors, we offer clients a ‘one-stop shop’ solution.
Access to market-leading insurance providers gives us the capability and expertise to meet all your insurance requirements.
Operating from our Essex-based office, many of our clients are based in London and the Home Counties including Essex and Hertfordshire. Wherever you are, we remain focused on your individual needs.
Authorised and regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority, insurance and protection to corporate and individual clients.
We are a member of Broker Network, the leading network of independent insurance brokers. This allows us to retain our independence while accessing enhanced policies from key UK insurers, many of which simply aren’t available elsewhere.
Our Pledge is to treat all clients fairly, with respect, integrity and professionalism.
- We are transparent in the way we carry out our business and aim to provide products and services that totally meet our customers’ needs.
- The advice we provide is based on our clients’ best interests and we aim to exceed clients’ expectations in terms of personal service and product performance.
- We will always provide advice and information clearly and professionally, and will listen closely to the requirements and comments of our customers.
- It is our policy to ensure that customers are able to switch providers, change products, surrender policies and make complaints without any undue barriers.
- Committed to providing up-to-the-minute advice and guidance, we encourage our staff to continue with their professional development, ensuring we provide the highest levels of efficiency, accuracy and reliability.
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Skills Edge
Calvin Goodson 01603 577962 email@example.com
Level 3 Insurance Practitioner apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Certificate in Insurance (CII)
The programme will consist of the following:
- Learning and development programme that includes the CertCII (typically IF1, IF2 & I10)
- Develop the knowledge, skills and behaviours of successful Insurance Practitioners
- Free CII membership for non-members through the CII Aspire Apprenticeship Programme
- Includes the CII study books and exam entries
- Fortnightly workshops for each IF exam from our CII approved trainer
- All workshops recorded and available on-demand
- Interactive chat, forums and class notebooks for real time support and assistance from experienced and qualified insurance professionals
- Exam tips, tricks, and strategies
- Regular tutorials and assessments with your dedicated trainer
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.