Early Years Educator Apprentice CHESTNUT PLAYGROUP
To develop the skills necessary to effectively support children’s learning and development. Contribute to the provision of a stimulating and varied programme of play and learning opportunities. Ensure the safety and well-being of the children.
Closing date: 18 Jul 2022
Total hours per week: 30.00
Possible start date
01 Aug 2022
24 Jan 2022
Level 3 (A level)
- To work (under supervision) with children in the preschool, to provide all aspects of care and supporting learning opportunities, which may include washing, changing and feeding.
- Undertake training to obtain recognised qualifications, including completing assignments on time, and attending all College sessions/ tutorials (if applicable);
- Uphold standards within the preschool by adhering to all policies and procedures;
- Strive to safeguard children by working to the organisation’s safeguarding Code of Conduct;
- Assist with meeting the personal and emotional needs of individual children;
- Know and implement the Setting’s confidentiality policy.
- Contribute to high standards of hygiene and cleanliness in the Preschool.
- To be aware of all emergency and fire evacuation procedures;
- To understand that as part of training you may be required to move to other parts of the Preschool/ Organisation.
- To undertake a key worker role with specific children
- To assist in setting up and clearing away activities as required
- To be fully involved in the children’s play.
- To work with children both indoors and outdoors as required.
- To demonstrate a firm commitment to equal opportunities and create an environment in which children from all backgrounds are valued and can reach their full potential.
- To actively promote and support the safeguarding of children and young people in the setting, ensuring preschool policies and procedures are observed at all times.
- To be aware of Child Protection issues, identifying and monitoring suspected child abuse and children at risk, reporting to the designated Child Protection Officer.
- To ensure that health and safety and security measures are constantly maintained.
- To develop your knowledge of the statutory framework (EYFS) and be aware of good practice in delivering care for children aged 0-5
- To be flexible within working practices of the preschool. Be prepared to help where needed, including undertaking certain domestic jobs within the nursery, e.g. preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, putting out bins, doing the laundry etc.
- To attend and participate in staff meetings as required.
- The above is not an exhaustive list and may be amended as dictated by the needs of the business.
- This position requires the successful applicant to provide an Enhanced DBS (Disclosure and Barring Service) certificate.
Requirements and prospects
Be aware of and use the Early Foundation Stage to help plan for the children's learning and development.
Be aware of children's interests and needs
Work in a safe and inclusive way
Friendly and compassionate
GCSE English and Maths at grade 4/C or equivalant are essential
There will be opportunities for progression and a permanent position subject to performance.
Things to consider
Earlier starts may be required
About the employer
We are small nursery based in north London, providing a safe nurturing environment where children can explore, learn, and develop their interests through play.
We are in old schoolhouse next to Seven sister’s primary school.
HERTFORD REGIONAL COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by Hertford Regional College
The Apprenticeship Team 01992 411572 firstname.lastname@example.org
Working towards completing Level 3 Early Years Educator Apprenticeship Standard
Early years educator
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.