Apprentice Administration Assistant Chappell And Oix
The position offers an excellent opportunity to start a career and complete an apprenticeship with us in Business Administration.
Closing date: 09 Dec 2021
Total hours per week: 40.00
Possible start date
04 Jan 2022
08 Oct 2021
Level 3 (A level)
- Produce and update contract programmes, labour programmes and workshop planners on Excel Purchase ledger
- Input invoices on accounts system and scan to file
- Monthly statement reconciliations
- Analyse and process fuel invoices
- Manage the plan printer, order stock and arrange service/maintenance for the photocopiers
- Order office stationery supplies
- Filing Answer telephone in a polite and professional manner and direct calls as appropriate, screening calls when necessary
- Open, sort and distribute incoming correspondence, including emails and manage email inboxes
- Provide polite and professional assistance to colleagues and generally be a helpful presence in the workplace
- Prepare documents for the commencement of new contracts:
- Office files
- Site files
- Contract drawings
- Print and distribute
- File tender documents and drawings
- Set up electronic filing system on internal network
- Archive documents returned from completed sites appropriately
- Manage office “booking out” sheets
- Monthly check and reconciliation of costs booked to miscellaneous account
- Create FENSA packs for new contracts
- Manage FENSA and QANW registrations
- General office housekeeping – keeping the reception area tidy, managing the stationery areas, keeping site forms replenished, etc
- Organise, on behalf of the company:
- Greetings cards, collections, etc for employees, for example
- New baby
- Flowers for clients when they move in to a new house built by the company
- Typing invoices, quotations, letters, etc Printing of contract and enquiry documents
Requirements and prospects
- Excellent communications skills
- Willingness to learn
- Excellent time keeping skills
- Knowledge of MS packages including MS Word and Excel
- You should be able to communicate with people on various levels
- GCSE Grades (A*-C or 4-9) maths and English (or equivalent)
You will be supported with progression on completion of your apprenticeship.
Things to consider
This role involves speaking to candidates on the phone and maintaining a good telephone manner.
About the employer
Chappell & Dix Ltd have been undertaking all aspects of building work and bespoke joinery for over 40 years and the company has built up a hard-earned reputation for quality and reliability.
The current directors, with a combined experience of more than 200 years, lead a directly employed workforce of approximately 60 personnel, including skilled tradesmen, in all sections of the industry.
The Company is committed to training its own staff in connection with the CITB and many of our apprentices go on to enjoy long and successful careers with the company.
Chappell & Dix have thriving departments in small works, bespoke joinery and major projects, with dedicated teams and director level management in each sector.
SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Applications for this apprenticeship are being processed by SOUTH GLOUCESTERSHIRE AND STROUD COLLEGE
Elaine Baillie 07920181729 firstname.lastname@example.org
- SGS has elected to deliver the on-programme learning using the Level 3 Diploma for the Business Administrator
The standard is assessed by a range of methods to meet all the knowledge, skills and behaviours. Evidence will be collated within a portfolio of evidence. To achieve the full Level 3, all units of the Diploma must be passed, meeting the assessment criteria.
College attendance for the delivery of the Diploma is mandatory for all apprentices.
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.