Sales and Trade Counter Assistant apprenticeship THAMES (ROOFING & BUILDING SUPPLIES) LIMITED
Thames Roofing are offering the opportunity to become a Sales and Trade Counter Assistant apprentice within a family run business who have been trading for the last 40 years. We like to look after one another and to support one another with both personal and professional growth. Come and meet our team to see for yourself. The role includes maintaining a well-organized and tidy trade counter area, supporting the sales team with administrative tasks and ensuring smooth operations and identifying opportunities for upselling and cross-selling to boost sales.
Closing date: 29 Sep 2023
Total hours per week: 38.0
Possible start date
02 Oct 2023
04 Sep 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Main purpose of job:
To support the customers and the department with administration duties. To deliver a professional, timely, efficient and friendly service to our customers both internal and external.
As a Trade Counter/Sales Assistant, you'll be at the heart of our business, interacting with customers and providing top-notch service. Your training and responsibilities will include:
- Assisting customers with their purchases and offering expert advice on products
- Handling transactions accurately and efficiently at the trade counter
- Maintaining a well-organized and tidy trade counter area
- Supporting the sales team with administrative tasks and ensuring smooth operations
- Identifying opportunities for upselling and cross-selling to boost sales
- Building strong relationships with customers and colleagues, fostering a positive work environment
- To provide support and assist where possible in answering and resolving day to day customer queries, including opening the post, answering the telephone and responding to emails
- To comply at all times with the letter and spirit of the Company’s Health, Safety & Environmental Policy, Equality & Diversity Policy and Code on Business Conduct and Behaviour
- Carry out such other duties as are reasonably requested by the jobholder’s line manager from time to time
Additional Skills That You Will Learn:
- Throughout the apprenticeship, to acquire exceptional customer service skills, seeking advice from the wider team where in doubt and gain confidence in resolving queries to a satisfactory conclusion referring them up the line
- Forklift training
- A passion for providing excellent customer service.
- Strong communication skills and the ability to work well within a team.
- Enthusiasm and a proactive attitude to tackle any challenge.
- Punctuality and reliability to maintain our exceptional standards.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship Standard:
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
- Day release to attend college at Havering (RM11 2LL) or Hackney (N1 6HQ)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We have Assistant Managers, Deputy Manager, Branch and Sales Manager positions to grow into upon completion of apprenticeship.
We like to work with people's strengths and so look to adapt roles to suit committed and driven individuals.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 and above (A*- C)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
NEW CITY COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.