Apprentice Accounts and Finance Assistant CARROLL & PARTNERS LTD
This is a unique opportunity to join a company that is part of a larger UK and International organisation which specialises in Insurance brokering. Working in a busy finance team within their Bolton office, you will get to experience how Insurance is the foundation of every single business from the sole trader to a multi-national organisation. Duties will include sending statements to clients on a monthly basis.
Closing date: 28 Jul 2023
Monday to Friday 9.00am till 5.00pm with lunch breaks
Total hours per week: 35
Possible start date
07 Aug 2023
7 days ago
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
- Daily banking process, including allocation of receipts from clients and banking of cheques and the processing of debit/credit card payments for the Company and any external client as agreed.
- Chase overdue IBA balances due to the Company.
- Send statements to clients on a monthly basis.
- Setting up payments to clients, insurers and claim settlements, ensuring banking procedures have been adhered to, e.g. verifying bank details, timely banking of receipts and reconciliation of differences.
- Reconciliation and payment of underwriter accounts.
- Prepare bank reconciliations for review and sign off.
- Account query resolution including liaising with technical departments and the bank on queries raised by clients.
- Provide cover for other IBA staff if they are away. This could include premium finance website and putting clients’ details on the relevant portals for payment of insurance via monthly finance.
- Assist in year-end audit samples.
- Undertake any other related duties as may be reasonably required.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
You will be working towards your AAT Accounts and Finance Assistant level 2 qualification which will require you to attend classes at Bolton College one day a week.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Progression onto higher level apprentice programs or full time positions are available to the right candidate
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
CARROLL & PARTNERS LTD
Suite 10 1st Floor
Accounts or finance assistant
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.