Business Admin Apprentice The Lyndhurst Surgery
An exciting opportunity for someone to join a vibrant GP practice in Leyton as a Receptionist/Secretary Apprentice. You will offer assistance to the Practice Team and project a friendly image to patients, either in person or via the telephone. Duties include booking appointments, answering the telephone and dealing with or redirecting enquiries.
Closing date: 15 Jun 2023
Monday to Friday 9am - 4pm (shifts may vary), one hour lunch
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
30 Jun 2023
16 May 2023
Level 3 (A level)
What will the apprentice be doing?
Duties and responsibilities to be undertaken by members of the Practice administration team may include any or all of the follow items. Duties may be varied from time-to-time under the direction of the Office Manager/Senior Receptionist, dependent on current and evolving Practice workload and staffing levels:
- Photocopying/retrieving documents for email – including medical records for insurance reports
- Emailing documents
- Answer the office telephone and redirect enquiries
- Filing of records and information
- All office related admin tasks
- Scan correspondence into patient records
- Input of information and results onto the computer as requested by doctors
- Receive requests for repeat treatment and repeat prescriptions as directed by Practice policy. Mark review documents and contact patients for follow up
- Air and tidy waiting room and reception
- Make tea/coffee and undertake washing up as necessary.
- Make adequate security checks before leaving the building, including the shutdown of computers and electrical equipment as required
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 3 Business Administrator Apprenticeship - Standard
- Skills, Knowledge and Behaviours
- Day release to attend college at Havering (RM11 2LL) or Hackney (N1 6HQ)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Possibility of permanent position upon completion of apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 and above (A*-C)) Essential
Things to consider
About the employer
The Lyndhurst Surgery
53 LYNDHURST DRIVE
NEW CITY COLLEGE
Level 3 (A level)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.