Apprentice Care Assistant Northlands Care Home
If you are looking for the opportunity to make a real difference to people's lives, get hands on experience and follow a stimulating and rewarding career, then this could be for you. Your role will ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting/assisting clients with all aspects of personal care whilst under supervision.
Closing date: 28 Apr 2023
Working hours are 30 Hours – across 4 Days per week (8 hour shifts – 8am to 4pm with a 30 minute lunch break) on a rolling rota including weekends. Full Shift details will be confirmed once a successful offer has been made.
Total hours per week: 30.0
Possible start date
08 May 2023
25 Jan 2023
Level 2 (GCSE)
What will the apprentice be doing?
We value our Apprentices and recognise that they enable us to identify new talent, build new skills in our workforce. In this industry you give a lot back. You would be working towards a Diploma in Adult Care alongside the Apprenticeship Standard.
We are looking for a caring person to join our team at Northlands. You must be committed to providing high quality, person centred care and making Northlands a 'home from home' for our residents.
Responsible to: Home Manager, Nurses and Senior Care Assistants.
Purpose of position:
- To assist in the provision of high quality care to all residents as part of the care team in a safe manner.
- To work with other staff in meeting the personal care needs of clients in a way that respects the dignity of the individual and promotes independence.
- To help in the care of the clients’ physical environment and in the general day-to-day activities of the home.
1. Ensure the highest possible levels of care are maintained by supporting/assisting clients, when required with washing, bathing, toileting, dressing, undressing and all other aspects of daily living. Ensure that clients retain their dignity and comfort at all times.
2. Assist clients who have limited mobility or other physical/mental impairments such as incontinence by making the best use of aids and personal equipment provided.
3. Help to promote the mental and physical activity of clients by talking to them, taking them out, sharing with them in activities such as arts & crafts, reading, writing and singing etc.
4. Join in with all daily activities as instructed by the Manager, Nurses and Senior Carers. Make activity times as enjoyable and inclusive as possible in order to stimulate the clients.
5. Make and change beds, ensuring that rooms are clean and tidy and commodes are empty in line with the homes disposal of waste policy. Carry out any light cleaning as instructed.
6. Answer the Nurse Call System, giving assistance as required. Answer the door and telephone appropriately, greet visitors, respond accordingly and pass on all messages promptly.
7. Make all visitors feel welcome, provide refreshments/assistance as and when required.
Training & Development:
1. Attend opportunities for personal training and development to meet the apprenticeship training programme requirements
2. Undertake such in house and external training which is appropriate to your role and has been identified through a training needs appraisal.
Health & Safety:
1. Report immediately to the home manager, or person in charge, any illness or accident incurred by a client, colleague, yourself or another.
2. Understand, and ensure the implementation of, the care home’s Health & Safety Policy and Emergency and Fire Procedures.
3. Follow your training safe working practice within the care home.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Level 2 Adult Care Worker Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 2 Diploma in Care
- Delivered within the workplace only
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of the qualification and successfully passing the probation period there is the opportunity to join the full-time care team. The right individual would also be encouraged to complete further training and development with the aim of progressing to become a senior carer over time.
Requirements and prospects
Desired skills and personal qualities
Things to consider
About the employer
Northlands Care Home
21 Kings Avenue
Apprenticeship Recruitment Team
Adult care worker
Level 2 (GCSE)
Before you apply
Before you apply for an apprenticeship you must first create an account. If you already have an account you'll need to sign in.